• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

i am in i just got 3 packs of seeds i will be planting 10 seeds tommrow and grow it with DWC and some LEDS. Plan on having 4 plants running in DWC. And save the another seeds for next out door season.

All these Primos look awesome! As for this topic's reapers, where's the best place to buy seeds (don't know if it matters I'm from the netherlands).
I've already got Primo's from Judy (only small pods, but that might be the colde here).
Planning to sow in december, so I might add my postings later.

The only way you can get them right now is from Ed's puckerbutt or Pepperjoe..

Ill only be doing reapers...
unles i get primo seeds sometime soon, but yea im getting reapers sown this wek and goriwng indoors under lights so they shuld be realy big by spring and already have podded

Jalapenos and Santa fe grande for me

My 7 Pot Primo seeds should be shipping out today from Primo (thanks!).

I think I may just have to sow some of both and see how far I can get in my cabinet this winter. I'll have to do some heavy trimming and supercropping to keep them small until spring.

D2875C53-8ED9-476B-8981-229DB9F9F9B8-49467-00002F703B97BFFB.jpg

Had mine in a wet paper towel in a plastic baggie on top of my cable modem. Just about perfect temperature without breaking out the heating mat.

Found out it was getting to hot for my liking so I stuck a padded envelope between them to dissipate heat from them and it dropped into the 80, just a little info for anyone who wants a good germination area on the cheap!

I have 3 germinating right now in some seed starting mix inside a water bottle that I cut the top off of. I got excited and wanted to give it a try, but I'm moving in about a month and I don't want to have too many seedlings to move.

Btw I'm in Los Angeles and I'm moving from the San Fernando Valley to near downtown.

Right after I posted that I noticed that 2 of the 3 seeds I sewed have already started to sprout. I ordered the seeds on the 24th and I received and planted them a week or so ago. That's pretty fast to germinate I think, but I'm new to all of this.

Lights.
Check.
Seeds.
Soaking--check.
Various ghetto hydro parts.
Check.
Ferts.
Awaiting delivery in 2 days.

The build and transfer of plants---from aerogarden into new hydro, and the starting of reaper and primo (and some others) occurs this weekend.

Did that with my scotch bonnet, and it's completely stalled. Been in the dwc for 2 weeks now with no new root growth, and the plants itself hasn't grown at all. Right now I'm feeding it general organics bio root, until it's big enough to be fed gh flora 3 part.

Back