• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

So here's a few pics of 2 out of 6 Reaper seeds I planted around Feb 7th. One damped off and 3 have no pods yet but are flowering.

318.jpg

319.jpg

320.jpg

I call this one #1, it's loaded with pods, but they are not "Reaper like" IMHO.

321.jpg

This is #2, not loaded but about 10 pods, all look like this.

Nuff said...

joe told grower and member here, lock203, that puckerbutt bagged ALL the reaper seeds, he just distibuted them for puckerbutt......all the seeds are the same.

Wow Coler6, those are some mean lookin pods brutha! I am liking what I am seeing there! I wonder if there was a difference between seed lots and what F generation they were??? That may account for the instability that some folks are seeing. Scott, is there any chance you mixed up labels? Hope the rest of your plants start pumping out the real deal! Your first plant is still putting out some mean looking pods even if they don't look like Reapers...almost like a Bhut Indian Carbon. Who knows, that pheno may turn out to be even better than the Reaper it was supposed to be!!!

megahot said:
Heres my biggest Reaper, yeah I know. Its just a baby
20130603_193952.jpg

OK Mega, I have to ask...do you reuse your cups?  Just curious why you taped the name to a cup you can write on with a Sharpie.

Not trying to be a d-bag or anything, just curious.  :)

For the record, that one looks better than most of my scraggly little ones.  Lost a lot of leaves to sunburn.

stc3248 said:
Wow Coler6, those are some mean lookin pods brutha! I am liking what I am seeing there! I wonder if there was a difference between seed lots and what F generation they were??? That may account for the instability that some folks are seeing. Scott, is there any chance you mixed up labels? Hope the rest of your plants start pumping out the real deal! Your first plant is still putting out some mean looking pods even if they don't look like Reapers...almost like a Bhut Indian Carbon. Who knows, that pheno may turn out to be even better than the Reaper it was supposed to be!!!
 Shane, I guess anythings possible. If anything got crossed it would have been with the habs, I did label things. I planted some habs, then two weeks later the Reapers, then two weeks later the Primos and Bhuts. The two out of three Bhuts that came up are still about 8"s tall.

Pepperhead said:

OK Mega, I have to ask...do you reuse your cups?  Just curious why you taped the name to a cup you can write on with a Sharpie.

Not trying to be a d-bag or anything, just curious.  :)

For the record, that one looks better than most of my scraggly little ones.  Lost a lot of leaves to sunburn.

I dont reuse my cups, thats why the name is is taped to the cup lol. Yeah, I could use a sharpie I guess, but it was taped to my seed flat and I just peeled it off and stuck it on the cup lol. No worries you werent being a d-bag haha

Back