• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Carolina Reaper (HP22B) Community Grow

A few members including myself are growing seeds for this variety ASAP. I and a few others here on THP thought it would be fun to have a "community glog" strictly for this variety, a fun thread about the HP22B and growing this pepper for the first time.

I think we should start a community glog like this anytime there is a new pepper with alot of attention and alot of people growing it, possible world record holder or not. It would be fun, and this should be fun! That's why we all love this hobby is it not?

Therefore, this will be a drama-free, controversy-free, fun glog for all of us growers and others to enjoy. If you grow, please chime in. If you're growing this variety, please post pictures and chime in about your observations.

Again.. This thread is ment to be fun and informative, but mostly fun :)
Please. Pretty please with sugar on top.. lol. Keep it drama-free.
I, and many others would really appreciate this thread to stay that way.

Now lets get to growing!

IMG_3008.jpg

I went with the paper towel method for this guy just like I have with all my mid-season starts. It is far from my favorite way to germinate seeds but I'm in no hurry this time of year which is why I went this route. I've had the seeds in the paper towel for about a week now on top of my HOT5 lighting closet. The seeds should be showing root tips soon, then they will be visiting some real soil :D

How's it going for everyone else?

Brandon

My Carolina Reaper pods were the correct shape. The size of the pods did vary but that seemed like it was because of the weather. The big ones were grown in the summer and as the weather cooled some of the pods were small. As far as taste goes the Reaper is my favorite. I'd give it a 10. The tails are very delicious. They have no heat at all and taste like apples. I can't speak for the funky types because all of my plants grew true.

That's a nice pile of reapers, Scott.  What do have planned for them?  I had a few I picked partially ripe a couple of weeks ago before the first hard freeze, that went ahead and ripened.  I took one of them, and a moruga, to the sampling bar the other night.  Tiny little pieces, less than a millimeter square, were tried by several.  "It can't be that hot, can it?"  Yes, yes it can. 

Too true, they are hot!

I'm getting ready to make a puree today, no room left in the freezer. It will probably run us out of the house.

If you're using Alabama Jack's basic recipe, I found it wasn't too bad at generating fumes.  Maybe the vinegar or sweetener or salt binds the cap or something.  Clean up is what got to me.

Agreed, but I needed to build my seed inventory.  For the last batch I processed, I was just slicing in half and putting in the dehydrator.  That went a lot faster.

nwchillifarm said:
Hey stc3248 think this guy has cleverly used your image to create his own on ebay 221371637179
thought you should know.
Thanks man! He sure did! Let me know if you need anything...I got some stuff laying around.

Devv said:
Now I see why members are using watermarks...
Yeah...I have watermarked some of my more artsy pictures, but when you post as often and as many photos as you and I post, adding a watermark to them all would just be one more time consuming PIA step in the process. If I were a business with either my peppers or my photos I would take the time. I really don't care either way about the picture, its the principal and the fact that HE PUT HIS WATERMARK ON MY PICTURE! Take it as a lesson folks...protect your shiz! :rofl:

stc, what app are you using? You can create a batch process in Photoshop and other apps where you click a button and watermark is there. I keep a few PSD files handy and copy and paste them onto images. An image watermark is superior to just font/text even if it is an image of font/text. :)

See...I ain't that smart Chris. I edit each picture on imgur.com and just strategically place my user name on them. I will get smarter now and start using them on more of my pics...

Back