wine Chilli Wine

You may as well post the recipe when you find it Neil, everyone is going to be hounding you for it!
Any idea of the alcohol content, like did Dave get a glow up from it?
hehehehe, getting paid to spend time on THP at work, gotta love it!

I don't think you ever said (sorry if you did) what kind of peppers did you use? I can see little bits in there of something red. I am definitely going to try this when you post the recipe.

yea , the Kempsey Reds, or some1 called them someting else,ill find name , but its a sweetish mid heat Red 1..

hahaha as i was running into house with some, the wife goes "whats that" (as they do) so i said "hey try this" and didnt say what was :)
Her Face was Priceless, and she couldn't scream at me as couldn't talk, but making weird sounds pointing "oh Water, ok" so its got a bit of bite,, but she said tastes bit like ginger beer but sweeter and hot..

100_0814.jpg

THIS WAS BOTTOM OF BOTTLE SO SEDIMENTY..
oh, yea the recipe, i keep going to garage and not getting..

Chilli Wine

40 smal red chillis (i put 70 gms Fresh Kempsey Reds)
5 cups sugar
16 cups water
4 teapoons Lemon Essence
1 teaspoon citric acid​

chop chilli's, put chilli's , water , sugar inpot bring to boil and simmer for 20 - 30 min,, mash that in the pot add lemon essence and citric acid,, Strain and put in sterilised bottles..

thats it.. i left for 1 day under 3 months..

:cheers:
THSC

Thanks Neil, it amazes me that your missus would try anything that you handed her, let alone this with bits of chillie floating around.
Im gunna try to make this this afternoon if i can find some nice chillies.
Woot woot.

no probs, ya bottle is on way hahahahaha skull skull skull

it wil surprise ya i think :)

yea her guard slippped, but as i had to run get water (what would i know , that waters not good) i was Laughing, like the other day, when jumped out from behind door and went RAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH,, she shit..

yea,, i reakon the go is to put in the final bottles when making then let sit and try 1 every now and again. like put in my old fermenter, use the little bottler and capper like homebrewing

heres what looks like when sediment drops

100_0817.jpg

theHippySeedCo said:
Chilli Wine

40 smal red chillis (i put 70 gms Fresh Kempsey Reds)
5 cups sugar
16 cups water
4 teapoons Lemon Essence
1 teaspoon citric acid​

chop chilli's, put chilli's , water , sugar inpot bring to boil and simmer for 20 - 30 min,, mash that in the pot add lemon essence and citric acid,, Strain and put in sterilised bottles..

thats it.. i left for 1 day under 3 months..

THSC

No grapes?

Those woozies look tasty!

Few questions:

1. How's the buzz. Could you get smashed on one whole leter bottle? Less? More?
2. Did they expand at all? Do you think glass is an ok medium? I'm thinking pint jars.
3. How'd you starilize the plastic bottles?
EDIT:
4. How did you get the chilies to look like they do? Did you remove the seeds and throw them into a blender with all the other ingredient?

1. How's the buzz. Could you get smashed on one whole leter bottle? Less? More? Dunno, havent had more than a swig but will have a few little bottles and see what happens..

2. Did they expand at all? Do you think glass is an ok medium? I'm thinking pint jars. Yes 1 Expanded and was Bubbly, the other 2 1 was seemi hard (lol) and 1 wasn't.. prob be better in glass and yea Pint size be perfect..

3. How'd you starilize the plastic bottles? well as was just a test, i washed then filled with boiling water, that was it, but prob use the steriliser if doing again..
EDIT:
4. How did you get the chilies to look like they do? Did you remove the seeds and throw them into a blender with all the other ingredient? Nope, i just chopeed in half, threw in pot, then after boiling used a potato masher and mashed them in the pot, simmer a bit then ran through strainer into bottles.

Bents got a lil bottle and is gonna have a try tonight i think, and ill see what a pint does (when every1 goes to bed lol)

cheers

I has presents!!

chilliman-2.jpg

Thanks for sending the sample of the chili wine Neil, it was very tasty, chillied it and drank it for lunch.
The main was omlette that i plastered with your "dunno" sauce which was an unexpected bonus, cheers.
i agree with comments above such as, fruity, it also has a kind og bbq flavour- not intense heat but not "all" people are fire eaters, i get where you were going with this one. Love it.

Edit: The buzz is there i think but being a total piss head it makes it hard to tell, twoo bottles off winne hardlyy give me a blow up!! hehehe

theHippySeedCo said:
Bents got a lil bottle and is gonna have a try tonight i think, and ill see what a pint does (when every1 goes to bed lol)

cheers

sorry my friend, today life dragged me kicking & screaming to the bottle shop & I came home with some cheap bourbon.
What I'm going to do though is put my alco-meter into it tomorrow & see what it reads. Its a bit hard for me to tell being a spirits drinker.

*hic*

bentalphanerd said:
sorry my friend, today life dragged me kicking & screaming to the bottle shop & I came home with some cheap bourbon.
What I'm going to do though is put my alco-meter into it tomorrow & see what it reads. Its a bit hard for me to tell being a spirits drinker.

*hic*

Sweeet, you have a device that can tell the alcohol content of liquid! I will be waiting for the results.:P

Novacastrian said:
Sweeet, you have a device that can tell the alcohol content of liquid! I will be waiting for the results.:P

i'd test it now but it's 9 C here...the Alchometer is calibrated to be accurate at 20 C. Will wait for daytime

Back