• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Cloning a Hot Sauce Recipe

Edmick

Staff Member
Extreme Member
So I realize that there are a million ways that this recipe could go down but I'm looking for suggestions on a good starting point for trying to recreate it. Doesn't need to be exact cuz I probably plan on substituting the habs for something else anyways but for the sake of keeping it as simple as possible, lets assume im using habs. Unfortunately I'll probably end up using canned peaches cuz all the fresh ones around here suck and have no flavor but everything else I'll try to source fresh. Any suggestions are appreciated. Especially if you've had this sauce and know the flavor profile. It's "Tears Of The Sun" by High River Sauces. Thanks!

Edit: If it's easier for you to list in volume measurements, then lets say for a 1 gallon batch. Percentages are welcome though.

Attachments

• 20180703_081612-1.jpg
    20180703_081612-1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 191
I like the Wrath of Ophelia Pepper Co....cool!....i mean  WOOP! but as an actual logo?....:shrug:  Just let us know if this has morphed into an actual label logo thread.   :lol:

Looks delicious @Edmick . Did you use the recipe you posted previously or have you tweaked it some more?

Last edited:
Back