coffee-tea Coffee

So I've discovered through trial and error that a longer roasting time developing the beans results in a much more flavorful coffee. My son just received a really nice coffee roaster similar to a Behmor. He roasted an Ethiopian to a city and it took 18 minutes and the taste was amazing. I've roasted those same beans before but they never tasted like that one. So I roasted the beans for 15 minutes instead of my usual 8-10 minutes and it made a world of difference with the flavor of the coffee.

I have a popper that will not reach 1st crack at the 15 minute mark so I roast it for 12-13 minutes in that popper then transfer it to a hotter popper and reach 1st crack in about 3 minutes.

I was LOL last night when we pulled out the poplite and made popcorn in it ...

Guess I'll be looking for a proper device for coffee when I'm ready to put the effort in ...

Haha ...

Sounds like elephant dung coffee... is it?

I just ordered another 5lbs of green Ethiopian Yirga grade 1. I roasted 3 different batches at different levels. All at first crack. A light roast, city and full city. Then after roastings them I blended them together for a more richer flavor. I'm on my 4th cup of Aero Press coffee right now. I can't stop drinking it lol it is so dang good. :)

Too Much ??? :)

P1090059_Coffee-1200_zpsklasai9y.jpg

Pict up some new coffee on my trip yesterday to Lethbridge.
Had the Decaff last night, was nice and smokey, good taste for a decaff. This morning had the Indian Mysore, was great, smooth, nice body, will add it to my green bean list.
The Ethiopian I bought are green beans the rest were roasted by them, Will roast some this morning. Need to do a bean buy in a few weeks so looks like I will buy from them. A great store they have.
http://www.cuppers.ca/
P1100774_NewCoffee-1500_zpsigfysc4u.jpg

Dragonsfire - how are you roasting them? Electric air pop, stove top whirrly? It interests me a lot but my local place,~1km away,roasts daily and I can't believe I could do it better at home.

Hot air popper 1250Watt, 3.5oz at a time (I did 4oz this time but 3.5 works best for this popper). Takes about 4 min depending on roast, I like City Roast. Ive read not to go below 1200watt for a hot air popper and make sure its the one that blows air from the sides and not the center. :)

Back