• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Coheed196's Grow Log (Minor storm damage edition)

So this is my first time trying to grow superhots from seeds so hopefully I will get some plants out of all this. Anyways I started 80 seeds on Jan 12th. I'm using Hoffmans seed starting mix and small solo cups. For heat I'm using just a regular electric heating blanket. I put 2 seeds per cup, and started 10 seeds of 8 different varieties. The varieties are:

Chocolate Fatalli
Fatalli
TS Butch T
TS "FG"
Peach Bhut
Yellow Brain Strain
7 Pot Jonah
Aji Joe's Surprse Hot mix (we'll see what pops out of here)

Here's some pics now

Day of Planting 1/12/12

100_0288.jpg

Surface temp of Blanket
100_0291.jpg

Temp inside of cups
100_0290.jpg

Have had 2 out of 80 pop up in 4 days!!! I thought I was seeing things

Here is a TS "FG"
100_0295.jpg

And a Chocolate Fatalli
100_0299.jpg

That's it for now, I'll be posting pictures as everything happens, wish me luck.

Thanks
Vincent

Picture update time!!!!!! Starting to see the 1st set of true leaves forming on most of the babies and a few odd ones....

100_0353.jpg

100_0348.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0340.jpg

This purple one came from Ajijoe's surprise mix...really curious as to what it will be

100_0342.jpg

This one came out with 3 cotyledons, odd

100_0352.jpg

And this is a TS "FG" its cotyledons came out fused together or something, and that speck isn't an aphid or bug, its just a fleck of Hoffman's, it looks like its true leaves are forming though, any ideas of why this happened?

100_0351.jpg

Picture update time!!!!!! Starting to see the 1st set of true leaves forming on most of the babies and a few odd ones....

100_0353.jpg

100_0348.jpg

100_0341.jpg

100_0340.jpg

This purple one came from Ajijoe's surprise mix...really curious as to what it will be

100_0342.jpg

This one came out with 3 cotyledons, odd

100_0352.jpg

And this is a TS "FG" its cotyledons came out fused together or something, and that speck isn't an aphid or bug, its just a fleck of Hoffman's, it looks like its true leaves are forming though, any ideas of why this happened?

100_0351.jpg

I had a single leaf sprout this season...its been a month under premium conditions without any signs of growth...looks like yours never fully separated before sprouting...cool! Looks like its going to develop just fine though! Seen a ton of 3 leaf sprouts this season...some double mature leaves, but I've never seen this one. Nice! I wonder if its going to have any mutant leaves as it matures???

Looks like you're off to a great start! I just put my seeds in the soil - I hope I'm off to near the start you're at. Nice looking plants. I'm curious what the mystery purple plant is as well.

Looks like you're off to a great start! I just put my seeds in the soil - I hope I'm off to near the start you're at. Nice looking plants. I'm curious what the mystery purple plant is as well.

I'm thinking black pearl...my purple bhut's look like that too though...Should be fun to watch and wait...or its possible you are too close to a set of power lines or a nuclear facility with all those mutants popping up? What is the zombie to human ratio in your neighborhood...and do any of these seedlings glow in the dark?

Moved almost everything from the solo cups into individual 3.5" pots. Picture time!!!!

A 7 Pot Jonah

100_0363.jpg

A TS Butch T

100_0362.jpg

A shot of everything and just general pictures

100_0361.jpg

100_0359.jpg

100_0358.jpg

100_0357.jpg

100_0356.jpg

The mystery purple plant from AjiJoe

100_0360.jpg

Thats all I got for now, feel free to critique me, this is my 1st year growing from seed and am still learning

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!!

Here are all my children, 35 days from putting seeds into soil. I'm pretty happy with my results so far.

7 Pot Jonah
100_0366.jpg

100_0367.jpg

Peach Bhut Jolokia
100_0377.jpg

Butch T TS
100_0376.jpg

Fatalli
100_0372.jpg

Surprise Hot Mix from AjiJoe, I'm guessing some sort of Annuum since its quite a bit taller than everything else
100_0368.jpg

Yellow Brain Strain
100_0364.jpg

And a shot of everything
100_0375.jpg

100_0374.jpg

100_0369.jpg

Nope, the waiting is killing me. Hopefully I'll be able to move everything outside in mid March, if our weather keeps doing what it's been doing

Nice looking plants! They are growing nicely because of YOU! Mine on the other hand are SURVIVING in spite of me! :rofl:

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Here are the babies 45 days from putting seeds in soil. I'm in the process of potting up so thats why some are in different pots.

100_0383.jpg

100_0382.jpg

100_0387.jpg

These suprise hot mix from Ajijoe are way taller than everything else
100_0386.jpg

100_0385.jpg

100_0388.jpg

100_0390.jpg

100_0384.jpg

Thanks for looking

Hey lookin awesome! Im wondering what those purple are as well! rocoto maybe? and looks like he has some C. annums in there as well! Ill keep watching for updates.

That's a great grow! Your peppers heading toward March looking like lions. What is your preferred pot size after the 3.5-inch, including depth? What is your nutes and rate at this time? Will you do a container grow this summer or going into the ground? They are going to totally blast off when they get outside.

...nice job.... :cool:

That's a great grow! Your peppers heading toward March looking like lions. What is your preferred pot size after the 3.5-inch, including depth? What is your nutes and rate at this time? Will you do a container grow this summer or going into the ground? They are going to totally blast off when they get outside.

...nice job.... :cool:

After the 3.5" pots i moved them into 4.5". by I believe they are 4.5" deep but I havent measured them. I hadn't planned on doing that but I started the seeds too early and they outgrew the smaller pots before it was time to move them outside. I plant them as deep as possible, usually right up to where the cotyledons are. I'm using Pro Mix BX and Botanicare Pro Grow and Cal-mag. I use 2 teaspoons of each every time I water them, which is usually 2 times a week. They will be going into 5 gallon root pouches, my ground here is all clay and rocks. Thanks

Back