• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Coheed196's Grow Log (Minor storm damage edition)

So this is my first time trying to grow superhots from seeds so hopefully I will get some plants out of all this. Anyways I started 80 seeds on Jan 12th. I'm using Hoffmans seed starting mix and small solo cups. For heat I'm using just a regular electric heating blanket. I put 2 seeds per cup, and started 10 seeds of 8 different varieties. The varieties are:

Chocolate Fatalli
Fatalli
TS Butch T
TS "FG"
Peach Bhut
Yellow Brain Strain
7 Pot Jonah
Aji Joe's Surprse Hot mix (we'll see what pops out of here)

Here's some pics now

Day of Planting 1/12/12

100_0288.jpg

Surface temp of Blanket
100_0291.jpg

Temp inside of cups
100_0290.jpg

Have had 2 out of 80 pop up in 4 days!!! I thought I was seeing things

Here is a TS "FG"
100_0295.jpg

And a Chocolate Fatalli
100_0299.jpg

That's it for now, I'll be posting pictures as everything happens, wish me luck.

Thanks
Vincent

Thanks, I'm not sure about the healthiest on the forum but I appreciate it :) I'm still very much a noobie and still learning.

They are definitely some of the best I have seen. Whatever you are doing, You are doing it right! ;)
I am a noob too, learnt heaps from others. I'm going to take a closet look at your method now. :) keep the photos and info coming!

Thank you. I just use pro-mix BX and I feed with Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Grow and Pro Soil. I only foliar feed the fertilizers and I water whenever the plants start to wilt a tad. And I'm using the 5 Gallon Root Pouches I bought from www.greenhousemegastore.com I'm hoping for some of the 5 ft tall mosters I've seen other people grow.

Update time, I got some pods happening now

First a pic of my chocolate fatalii plant (this is mainly for AjiJoe)
100_0510.jpg

Some Trinidad Scorpion "FG" pods
100_0508.jpg

A tiny baby Fatalii pod
100_0505.jpg

Big ol fat Yellow Brain Strain
100_0504.jpg

More Yellow Brains
100_0502.jpg

Yellow Brain, very pronounced tail on this guy
100_0503.jpg

Peach Bhuts
100_0497.jpg

I like big Bhuts and I cannot lie.....Peach Bhut again
100_0495.jpg

Different peach bhut pod
100_0494.jpg

Out of all my plants, the peach bhut has got the most pods so far (on a single plant)

Thanks for looking

looking real good!!

im glad your doing great with what you got

just wait till they ripen!!

thanks your friend Joe

Everything I got from you is doing exceptionally well, and yes I can't wait to get some ripe ones. That peach bhut is blowing me away, seems like every day its spitting out more pods

Plants are kicking some arse coheed. I agree with Mitch some of the healhiest plants around. :dance:

Thanks Romy, this is my first year growing anything from seed. Everybody here has given me alot of confidence that I can grow superhots. Thanks for checking in on my little glog

Those are some nice plants for sure, I'm sure they're liking the rain we've gotten the last couple days too and since you're so close to me I know where to get seeds from next year ;)

More pods coming every day!!

Yellow brain strains
e8363315.jpg

a827dcf9.jpg

Butch T
28c31dd2.jpg

7 pot Jonah babies
31b3b047.jpg

865c8fea.jpg

My 3 yellow brain strain plants
b9a5e657.jpg

Big ol fatalii leaf
2c024b91.jpg

7 pot Jonah plant
8188b94b.jpg

Fatalii plant
a2bc3e41.jpg

Thanks for looking

Awesome grow there, coheed! Don't be too humble, folk are rightfully
impressed by your efforts! The plants look great, and I love the rolling stand.
I've been tossing around something along those lines in my head for next year,
although maybe not so many levels.

Awesome grow there, coheed! Don't be too humble, folk are rightfully
impressed by your efforts! The plants look great, and I love the rolling stand.
I've been tossing around something along those lines in my head for next year,
although maybe not so many levels.

Thank you Paul, I love those stands, it made it so easy just to roll them into the garage if strong storms are supposed to be coming. All together it probably cost me $30 or so, just used some stair stringers from lowe's and 2 x 4's.

Tx for the tip. I thought maybe you had cut those stair stringers
yourself and was thinking now I have to figure out how to do that!

Good growing to you, bro!

Back