seed-train Coheed's 2014 and Beyond Seed Train ***NOW ACCEPTING MEMBERS FOR ROUND 3***

Train actually rolled this afternoon. With new years and such will likely get it back on the tracks end of the week. As well as that other package I have for you ;)
Haven't opened the box yet but feels pretty full. Am very excited to see what is there.

Probably a wise choice bravesfan, wouldn't want that treasure chest getting lost in the mail. I'm freaking excited as all hell to see what this has grown into.

Just took a quick look at the train. There are some great seeds aboard!! There were some free seeds roaming around the box so I bagged them up (no seed wasted) and labeled them so that someone could take a chance. Otherwise looks good and will likely send the train along end of the week. Will keep a close eye on the temp as tonight its -12 as I am typing this and will be around zero for highs the better part of the week. Won't send the seeds out when that cold, don't want to risk everyone's hard work to subzero temps.
I will post pics to update the cargo manifest later.

Ok fellas.
I was looking ahead at the temps over the next week or so and it looks bleak.  Highs in the single digits and lows as far as -20.  Would anyone object to me hanging on to the train until late next week when the temps climb back up to around 20?  Don't want to stall the train, but don't want to deep freeze anything either.  If people object I will send it out Friday this week, otherwise I will get it out Friday next week (Jan 10).

Thanks all for the outstanding effort on this train.  The bounty within is amazing!!

As Larry the Cable Guy would say "Get 'er done"  -   :shocked:  - send it out, we all want to get our seeds started  :snooty: !

We had mucho mail, all types of merchandise, sent and received throughout Dec. Some in record freezing weather and had no
evidence of 'frost' damage.  
USPS keeps their workers healthy in heated post offices - has heaters in their vehicles.
We are using flat rate boxes that get second day delivery with tracking, are we not ??

Bravesfan, personally I believe they would be fine. Like SanPatricio said, I have received seeds from Ohio, England, Germany through the holidays and I didn't notice anything wrong with them. I don't believe the box would be sitting outside for a very long period of time. I would say it's safe to send it, as long as illWill knows you are sending it. MAKE SURE HE'S HOME/WILL BE HOME BY THE SCHEDULED DELIVERY. Just make sure he didn't go out of town for the holidays.

If there's any room in the box and if it would make you feel better, stuff some paper, bubblewrap, socks, t-shirt, whatever in the box for insulation. But I honestly think they'll survive just fine. (plus it's been proven that seeds from frozen pods will geeminate)

Main thing is make sure illWill is aware and that he's around to receive it. And get a tracking number.

If anyone objects go ahead and say your piece

I'm very aware and waiting, don't anticipate any problems with receiving it. It'll probably sit on my porch for a couple hours until I get home from work but I've never had any packages or anything stolen if that's what you're afraid of? Just make sure to get me a tracking number so that if I'm working but my girlfriend isn't I can get her to swoop them inside.
Oh, I just now fully read the post, freezing? No worries chaps! My lucky dog hot sauce sat for HOURS at I believe about -15 and didn't even freeze, and its been much warmer lately. I honestly don't think there will be any problems but I could always rig up my heated cooler again. Lol

I will be sending this out tomorrow (Friday) and will get the tracking number to you as soon as I do. Sorry for the hold up just being overly cautious.

AWESOME!!!!!! Choo choo. One more person, hells yea.

Crap, I guess I better get the list of round 2 riders in order lol

Ok here is the order I've come up with for round 2 of this train. In case you missed them, read the rules on page 1. Assuming illWill gets the train Monday and sends it out Wednesday, I should have it Saturday Jan 11th or so. If that is how things play out then I'd expect round 2 to start around wed - Thurs (15th-16th)

Coheed196
Rebelgrower3
SanPatricio
OchoCinco
Fiogga
Smitty
PepperDaddler
Vodu
Scarecrw
Jamison

Still plenty of room for more riders everyone. Anyone who meets the criteria feel free to join on in. Trains are fun, and a great way to get new seeds.

Did I send you my address? I guess I must have, but I somehow don't remember doing it lol. Snow falling here again. :[ I will rig up the cooler just in case. :)

Back