• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

College Football Thread

No damned way Auburn is the 3rd best team in the nation.

They're #1 all the way.

I'd love to see a playoff structure like NCAA basketball....(like THAT hasn't been suggested before!)

The argument can be made for Oregon for #1 though. They are just killing everyone right now. Auburn is coming on strong right now and are undefeated, but got lucky 3 games in a row to stay that way. They could have just as easily lost the Kentucky, Clemson and S. Carolina games. Still a great team, but to me, they are #2 until Oregon loses. Doesn't really matter which is #1 right now anyways. Both win out and they will play for that spot.

jacob

Poor ol' Alabama....LSU 24 Alabama 21...if Auburn beats Georgia next weekend, Auburn is in the SEC championship game....

well - alabama is out of the national championship - all they can do now is spoil someone else's season.

Auburn isn't losing....period!!!

agreed...just hope my alligator mouth didn't overload my canary ass...

Looking forward to seeing what goes down today... Watched a bit of the TCU at Utah game after mine last weekend. Hell of a D.

trollbowltwo.png

And how 'bout this Cam Newton stuff?

thisisrelevanttomyinterests.gif

It's still a little early to knock out LSU. Depends on whether the top 4 all win their next two games and LSU winning their last two.

What's up with this Wrigley Field game? All plays toward the same end zone! That's nuts.

Ok, sorry AJ but this is just too funny not to post! :)

Edit: I love the pimp hat in honor of Cecil!

LSU has done some good things so far, but man I wish they were playing more consistent. Mississippi seems to be playing a little more consistent.

My heart had to go out to the little guys in Boise State who had their BCS dreams crushed last night with their defeat to Nevada.

They had a couple of chances to seal the game with a late field goal after giving up a 17 point lead, but it just wasn't to be.

A team has to stay focused for the whole game, and execute their game plan or else fall prey to the best laid plans of mice and men...;)

dvg

Yep, Boise's run is over. What a weekend of college ball though... Can't see the Gamecocks beating Auburn under any circumstances if Cam Newton is playing. The Ducks seem like they're losing a bit of steam, they still have to play in Corvallis too... So no Troll Bowl this year. I'll get over it though- meh Badgers are Rose Bowl bound!

trollbowlthreewo.png

Oh yeah Wayright... I lol'ed ;)

Just had to throw in a big WAR EAGLE,HEY!!!

Back