• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Comfort food, y'all

Tease:
comfortease.jpg

okra.jpg

fish.jpg

comfortplate.jpg

Okra, onions and bacon fat, a dash of salt. nuff said.

Can I fry fish gluten free? yes, I can! tilapia thawed and patted dry, dredged in tapioca flour, dipped in a whisked egg, rolled in a cornmeal mix that includes a dash of Lowry's seasoned salt, a pinch of nutmeg, and many generous shakes of the Aji limon pepper powder shaker. Virgin olive oil added to the pan deep enough to fry it proper (same pan that cooked the okra in bacon fat).

Chips with my new favorite hot sauce, wash it down with a good cold beer. Canned peaches for dessert. 'night, ya'll!

:slober and drool: for the tilapia, not so much for the okra~

why do I look at these posts when I'm STARVING?!? Nice Job, Celeste---

I like tilapia. I know it is a lower tier fish, but it is light and takes marinades really well (plus it's cheap). Looking good Celeste.

I too really like tilapia and have used it many times in seafood soups and stews. There isn't anyhting wrong with that fish. better than cat fish IMO :lol:

Pepperfreak said:
I too really like tilapia and have used it many times in seafood soups and stews. There isn't anyhting wrong with that fish. better than cat fish IMO :lol:
:shocked: You need to have some real catfish. Blackened fillet, or fried fingerling.

Celeste it looks good! Was the okra tough? I like mine stewed.

It was catfish that inspired the dish, but I aint using catfish I dont know where came from. Plus, by the time it gets frozen and shipped to the store, there's no flavor left. This tilapia seems to have been frozen in away that left some flavor in. "Muddy"? hmmm, that rich earthy flavor reminiscent of a good, peat-y whiskey? the same as is on radishes what you grew yourself eaten fresh outta the ground?

Heh yeah not sure why PF's catfish is muddy. I mean they are mud dwellers I guess he doesn't know how to clean fish properly :lol:

Back