• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Compmodder26's 2013 Grow Log - 2013-09-06 Video Update!

Well here we go again!! I'm finally starting to slow down a bit with work so I can start to concentrate more on growing some peppers. Cannot wait. In the next week or two I will be starting to germinate my seeds. I plan to more than double the plants I had last year. I plan to grow 20 plants in the backyard and 1 ornamental in the front yard. Here is the list of what I'm growing this year:

7 Pot Jonah (from my plants last year, seeds from romy6 previous year) (1)
7 Pot Primo (pepperlover) (1)
7 Pot Congo SR Gigantic (pepperlover) (1)
7 Pot Brown (Nagacanerio) (2)
7 Pot Barrackpore (romy6) (1)
Yellow 7 Pot Brainstrain (Baker's Peppers) (1)
Red 7 Pot Brainstrain (Cappy aka PepperRidgeFarm) (1)
Moruga Scorpion Red (romy6 by way of Wayright) (1)
Moruga Scorpion Yellow (can't remember source) (1)
Trinidad Scorpion Butch T (Butch's Strain) (1)
Naga Morich (from my plants last year, seeds from pepperlover previous year) (1)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia (romy6 by way of Waywright) (1)
Red Bhut Jolokia (biscgolf) (1)
Carolina Reaper (HP22B-A) (Ed Currie) (1)
Romy6 Mystery Annuum (romy6) (1)
Scotch Bonnet (Baker's Peppers) (1)
Jalapeno (pepperlover) (1)
Red Bell Pepper (Baker's Peppers) (1)
Sweet Banana (Baker's Peppers) (1)
Jimmy Nardelo (pepperlover) (1)
Numex Twighlight (Baker's Peppers) (1) (will go in front yard to add some color to our landscaping)

I'm going to go soilless this year for my growing medium. I will be using peat, dolomite lime, and perlite. To feed I will use Dyna-Gro. Last year I was all over the place in the mixes I used and ferts, so hopefully some consistency this year will yield better results. Not complaining about my yield from last year (except for mold issues in pods), but I can always aim higher right?

I'm going to try to get on here more often now that I have a bit more time, so hopefully I'll be able to get caught up with everybody. Hope everyone has an excellent grow in 2013!

Oh yeah, if anybody has any advice on the ratio of lime to peat I should use, it would be greatly appreciated. It's probably not that simple though I'm guessing. Probably need to invest in a good soil PH tester don't I?

Edit: NM about the lime question. I just re-read my thread on the mix I'm going to be using and Capsicum and queequeg152 gave me good advice on the ratio.
Edit2: Edited to add the seed sources.

Well I've called it an end to my growing season.  Sorry for being woefully negligent in updating this glog.  It's been a season of ups and downs (most downs are my fault).  But I wound up with a good final harvest.  I just need to get these puppies to ripen.  Have all the peppers in this shot in a cardboard box with a banana right now.  Hoping the combination of fully ripe/almost ripe pods and the banana will give off enough ethylene gas to jumpstart the process for the fully green ones.  If not, oh well, I'll just have to make a green powder!

2013-10-18%2012.33.39.jpg

Thats some poddage there man! I never thought about a green powder. I have tons of green pods on my plants also. Frost there soon?

Back