• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

billyboy said:
Pablo, curious to know why your pix are all really red. Are you growing under HPS?

Your seedlings look fine to me:)
thanks Billy

yes Im useing a HPS with a hortilux lamp.
the switchable ballast makes for easy bulb changes too.

pablo

Well I've just returned from a visit to the billyboy farm...& what can I say, but you're all doomed lol.
I was down that way anyways so I thought I'd do the extra miles. I got a few pics but will just post this for now.

These are Nagas & Bih Jolokias at between 4 & 6 months old & the man himself :-

click for larger image

Now you can't really see it there but that 'hedge' (yup from one end of the pic to the other) is covered in pods of all stages of ripeness & flowers & flower buds. He was trying to complain about having to get into it & cut back some branches....yer, that would be hell wouldn't it, having to cut back your million scovie plants because they were too bushy :rolleyes: lucky talented $@#%

They're in small pots too. Some of the lower leaves were easily 10" x 6", dark green, lush. I want to live inside that grow hut BB, just me & my BBQ & enough vindaloo to see me through about 2 weeks, then there'd be nothing left :lol:

Thanks for the beer & plant (choc hab with pods....does this guy know how to bribe a judge or what! {hope you're all taking notes})...all the great pods to throw on my dinner woohoo & a few dried nagas for sauce experiments.
Sorry for getting there late mate, I honestly had no idea how far it was lol. How was dinner?

Thanks
:cheers:

lol sounds awesome.
Because billyboy is so awesome (and all my plants are dead/dying), I would like for you guys to take my name off the list.
I can't compete with no plants. :(

Go billyboy! :lol:

Omri Withdraws (plants hit with disease)

I am sorry your plants are dead/dying Omri...Is there nothing you can do?

POTAWIE - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Pam - got sprouts with peeectures
Omri - Withdrawn from competition - Crop failure due to disease
Luckydog - got sprouts
Bowhunter - got sprouts
Devil Duck - No word
Trexxen - No word
Canuk Pepperhead - got sprouts with pictures
Billyboy - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Fisting Mayfield - No Word
Rainbowberry - No word
Pablo - got sprouts
Stillmanz - got sprouts
AlabamaJack - got sprouts with pictures - check blog

Omri said:
It's all just bad luck.

Not good enough. The rules stipulate:

well ok I've had a few beers & cant find the post...but,

"For the benefit of all the other competitors you must stipulate why yours failed so the may avoid the pitfalls."

That sounded official didn't it?

You can also just make something up to get me off your back....but why would you?

What happened Omri - & did you lose all your plants or just the comp ones?

Well it looks the same, but AJ made it sound scary. I hope it's not.
All my plants are in a single room, so yep... all having the symptoms.
The ones I photographed a week ago were kinda dead already, so I got rid of them.
I think I should get rid of the rest as well.

Not trying to make it scary Omri...just trying to help my friend...

Took most of them and got them in plastic bags, then I've put them in the trash.
Got a few left so I could take pictures later.

No word from me as they still haven't germinated. Sorry to hear about your bad luck Omri. RB x -I was looking for a cuddle smilie but I couldn't find one.

Omri sorry to hear about your plants,do not know any thing to help but if you need any seeds pm me I may be able to help
Dan

LET IT BURN

Thanks, you're too kind. :)
I should be getting some Tepin seeds, so I'll start small.
I'm also going to plant some of the available species here.

It'll take some time, but I'll get all my plants back and more. :)

Back