• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Canuk Pepperhead said:
people give me puters all the time..if its half decent ill clean and fix it up and give it to someone I know who cant afford to buy one

The friend that I go to visit in New York refers to himself as the "Mother Teresa of Homeless Computers". He's got a basement full of computers and computer parts. He supported himself when he was out of work a few years back by fixing them up and selling them.

I have had an interesting day today...planted 360 seeds in 5 germination trays. (Updated blog to reflect major planting) I have 3 or 4 more germination trays to plant.

It is time for the Naga babies to move to their new home in the grow box.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Lol I should try that I just got laid off after 13 years..Nothing like cash money hehehe

Well, that sucks! I hope your job hunt is short and sweet.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Thx for the concern Pam..The way I look at it for every thing bad that happens something good always comes outa it..So im not too concerned..
Yep, as some of us here say: "it's all for the better".

......Finally, its germinated! Can't we also have a winner for being the last one to get an unripe pepper? That would be nice (for me) :)

Rainbowberry got sprouts.....

POTAWIE - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Pam - got sprouts with peeectures
Omri - Withdrawn from competition - Crop failure due to disease
Luckydog - got sprouts
Bowhunter - got sprouts
Devil Duck - No word
Trexxen - No word
Canuk Pepperhead - got sprouts with pictures
Billyboy - got sprouts with pictures - check blog
Fisting Mayfield - No Word
Rainbowberry - got sprouts....:cheers::clap::party:
Pablo - got sprouts with pictures
Stillmanz - got sprouts
AlabamaJack - got sprouts with pictures - check blog

DD, Trexxen, Fisting,....any word on sprouts yet?

I've been real busy on the business side of things and haven't started yet. I'm going to plant some, just haven't really had the time.

The babies are one month old today...anyone else want to post a picture of their babies? Picture quality could be a whole lot better tho.

Thanks Stillz...they looked pretty pitiful last week when I transplanted and they had that mold/fungus but it looks like the cornmeal trick worked so far. They are being given a steady diet of Botanicare Pure Blend Progro every time they get water. I received my order for SUPERthrive yesterday and will be adding it to the fertilize solution. If they are anything like the Red Savinas that are two weeks older, they should take off any day now. The Red Savinas are two weeks older and probably 20 cm tall. One thing I noticed is where I trimmed the lower leaves off, new growth is already a cm long and another thing, the leaves are not symetric...is that common for Naga plants?

Looks good AJ almost to good hmmmmmmm.....

stillmanz said:
Yours are looking great AJ, mine are pathetic hence no pics lol

I with ya there Stillz sprouted fast and now they are stuck in low gear.

hi gang
not alot to post
the soil seedling is doing well and
my Pablo Plant is setting flowers and produceing a small amount of pollen,
maybe some fruit will set in a week or so.
This seedling has a long way to go yet,but is ever so healthy
and only 26 days old...
bhutjolokiacpiseedsoil1cp6.jpg

pablo

Looks very healthy Pablo...the race is on...

Back