• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

Heres my babies

pix166.jpg

Can anyone spot the T.Scorpions:cool:

Thanks BB....are the TS's the front three in the bottom of the pic?

:)almost AJ.. if you ignore the first three that are not fully showing in the picture, one of the TS is the first on the left, I have 9 in total in there! the others are out of view.

Im thinking the Nagas are to go outside transplanted into soil, and Ill be doing the Trinidad Scorpions inside fully under my Hydro Lights etc system. The TS will be my pet project for the coming months. Ive started a few of my plants like this, coco then to dirt & they love it, I have some awesome looking Datil plants happening atm which had the same beginnings as the Nagas pictured, weve got a good three months of prime growing weather here yet:)

billyboy

They all look very healthy...

I have about 6 weeks before I transplant outside into containers. St Patricks day is March 17th and that is the average last frost date here in Fort Worth. In the mean time, I have a lot of work to do getting ready....irrigation system setup, bed preparation for veggies, and setting up something to sit all my containers on. I have a six foot tall wooden pricacy fence across the back of my lot and am going to replace 10 eight foot sections. I am going to cut enough of the eight foot sections into 2 foot wide pieces, lay them end to end for a row that is 48 feet long. I will have 6 of these rows. The very back of my yard slopes downward to my house so each row will be a little higher than the next when I finish (at least that is the plan now).....

sorry, I got to rambling....

billyboy said:
Pablo, AJ, looking very nice, wish I had those sort of results using soil!
thanks billy...your plants are looking real nice too mate.
my personal feelings on soil...
Its all about the roots
I think if problems from soil arrise,its usually because the soil is too wet,this for the most part will create many secondary problems ,like disease.
If you like to reuse your medium ...try adding hygrozyme ...it does work very well,albeit like gold for expense,and smells like sour mash whiskey...but Ive never had a sick plant useing it,and it will prolong the medium by keeping it pathogen free,like pythium for example.yield is increased ,simply because a healthy plant will out yield a sick one,even if the sickness is not apparent to the eye...

I think i may have some fruit set next week ,Pablo Plant was kicking out the pollen today and I had my Q-tip working over time ...LOL

pablo

hello everybody
well I got peppers...
the older soil plant from last season has begun to set fruit,
I just checked and it looks to be alot ,lol.
I will continue to act as a bee and fiddle the flowers with my trusty Q-Tip...this is where it gets tricky indoors...
hmmm ,do I just add water,or should I use a mild bloom nutrient?

the soil is fortified with SBG,Kelp Meal,two table spoons MBG.
also I use a supplemental liquid Meta K sometimes.
Foxfarm TigerBloom and BigBloom are the primary nutrients.
also at my disposal is FF Beastie Bloomz as a booster late into bloom.
Last but very important ,I add 5ml Hygrozyme per gallon of finished mix,adjust PH to 6 and Wapa!{george lopez}
or
I can just continue to use ph adjusted water only.
what ya think?

pablo

Pablo...you lost me at SGB....

02-05-08 Naga Babies

This is the largest one I have...all are within an inch of each other in height...

having issues with Image Shack

AlabamaJack said:
Pablo...you lost me at SGB....
Hi Jack
lol, sorry about that .
Last but very important ,I add 5ml Hygrozyme per gallon of finished mix,adjust PH to 6 and Wapa!{
george lopez}

SBG {sea bird guano}, MBG {mexican bat guano},
Meta K is a liquid organic source of Potassium,
Tigerbloom and Big Bloom are liquid complete hydro/organic based nutrients.
Hygrozyme is an OMRI approved Organic enzyme that feeds on dead and dieing plant material,releaseing back into soil ,nutrients that plants can take up,it also kills dangerous things like pythium and prevents damping off in seedlings.

Nice looking plant BTW.

pablo

pablo said:
Hi Jack
lol, sorry about that .
Last but very important ,I add 5ml Hygrozyme per gallon of finished mix,adjust PH to 6 and Wapa!{
george lopez}

SBG {sea bird guano}, MBG {mexican bat guano},
Meta K is a liquid organic source of Potassium,
Tigerbloom and Big Bloom are liquid complete hydro/organic based nutrients.
Hygrozyme is an OMRI approved Organic enzyme that feeds on dead and dieing plant material,releaseing back into soil ,nutrients that plants can take up,it also kills dangerous things like pythium and prevents damping off in seedlings.

Nice looking plant BTW.

pablo

Thanks for the clarification Pablo...I suppose I can get these ingredients locally here in Fort Worth...

And by the way...thank you for the compliment....makes me proud to be in competition with you folks....

ya jack ,I think your best bet would be go to a Hydro store as they will carry the sunleaves line of guanos,these are the best source and very consistant...also one Im out of that I need to replace soon is
Jamaican Bat Guano...great for bloom ,aroma and flavor of your favorite greens...

ever been to McKinney?
born n raised...
I need to go back to Tejas for a few days soon...gotta kick romos ass for pokin the pooch in the playoffs...cost me 40 g's in vegas...when will the boy learn to stay away from the girls in the playoffs...same thing happened to brady...IMO

pablo

fin

pablo

got a hydro store right down the street that I deal with...I use Botanicare fertilizers and I bought my remote bulb thermostat there...

McKinney...sure I have been to Mckinney...friends live there...it is a long way for me...I live due west of downtown Fort Worth about 10 miles...

When ever you get back to Tejas, let me know and we can tip a couple of shiner's together...

you gotta give Romo a little slack Pablo....he is still a "mere child"...a rich one albeit but still a child...he will mature with age...

This plant is about ready to switch to bloom,she will be forced at 12.5 dark and 11.5 lights on...the Pablo Plant is getting loaded with small pods and fresh flowers...sounds like a good idea to me too. ;)
p1010020eu7.jpg

pablo

Back