• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

day 1 start bloom cycle ...
so I will guess a date of June 1st or sooner
for a red ripe pod on the dirt planter seedling...
provideing it sets fruit at all. :lol:
pablo said:
This plant is about ready to switch to bloom,she will be forced at 12.5 dark and 11.5 lights on...the Pablo Plant is getting loaded with small pods and fresh flowers...sounds like a good idea to me too. ;)
p1010020eu7.jpg

pablo
the small plant above {she just got bumps this morning,thats fast } is now in with the large plant below...
p1010056ho5.jpg

aint he a stud,look at all them pods forming... Pablo

Hi stillmanz
no ,i dont remove any flowers because they tend to remove themselves readily ,so i see no need.
about the 1000 assam seeds, well no story ,
just real low germination/survival rates {about 3%}
so it took alot to get some good plants.

good luck all

pablo

rainbowberry said:
:rolleyes: My two seedlings still have their seed hats on.

Don't they know it is rude not to take your hat off in the presence of a lady?

Maybe they think I'm not lady-like enough to raise their hats :( They're stuck on solid.

*I'm not very lady-like at times, I have a dirty mind but I'm short, so maybe the song's right.

6 weeks from planting....

Baby Nagas now have their own home...I would love to keep them isolated and collect the seeds...

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Holy your nagas are twice the plants as mine..I can say mine are healthy though lol

Tryin' to catch BB and Pablo...

I told them (the plants) I could take them out of this world just as fast as I brought them in....and they told me...."We Ain't Scared"......so BB and Pablo...my plants have said "Lets Get Ready to Rumble".....

lol
i talk to my plants too Jack, but if they ever answer me back ,Im done
lol
dirt plant setting first flowers
dirtseedlingsettingfirsvo1.jpg

pablo

Well my progress
Picture002-7.jpg

there is a leaf missing on the one my bad....the little brown is a fertelizer accident...besides that they live lol..My first time from seed and im proud of what ive done

All my Nagas are outside except for the Bhuts & my T Scorpions.
The Nagas are all in dirt. latest piccys

pix214.jpg

The two closest in the pic below are the Bhuts, the rest are T Scorpion. all approx 1 month old

pix212.jpg

billyboy:)

Nice BB...question...why do you have the plants in the cage?

question...why do you have the plants in the cage?

They love the heat from the concrete that it sits on esp over night & my cat also loves to dig up seedlings to relieve itself hence the fort knox type cage :P

Understand...

I put bird netting around my tomatoes. Two years ago, I lost about half of my tomatoes to birds....holes pecked in the tomatoes as soon as they started turning red...put the bird netting up last year and didn't lose a single tomato.

Disaster struck again. My cat knocked over my best Naga Morich, and although it may still be barely alive, its going to the compost. Of the hundreds of plants I have, he had to find the one that I was babying the most. I guess I can't blame the cat, he got locked in my plant room for a full day and it was the one day that I was ill and didn't check my plants. I also had to scoop cat shit out of one of my bigger plants. I have one decent Naga M remaining but its still way behind because of aphids. At least my Dorset Nagas are doing well.

Seems you have had some awful bad luck this year Potawie...maybe all the bad luck will have gone by the time it comes to actual planting out...I hope so...

that is strange isn't it....well, I took the day off work today...time to get busy and finish transplanting...only 40 more to go....

Back