• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Contest for First Ripe Pepper

pablo said:
Also High on the list would be
Pink Floyd
Dark Side of the Moon

and of course
Bob Marley
Rasta Mon Vibration

pablo

I like your thinking Pablo very niiiicccce

Sync DSOTM and Wizard of OZ and tune in and drop out

Happy Birthday...

:bday: Contest Nagas...2 Months Today...

:party:

Mine were having a little morning sunshine party today...left them out from about 8am to 3pm

030108b001tg5.jpg

Here's one of my little ones ready to grow. I call it my upside-downaga and just wait, its going to win this contest.:lol:

That's awesome Potawie...can't wait to see how it turns out...I have seen the other one that you did...

POTAWIE said:
Here's one of my little ones ready to grow. I call it my upside-downaga and just wait, its going to win this contest.:lol:

AHA! You're using the crazy Aussie pepper growing method.

WOW AJ those look great you really have it dialed in for sure....

Potawie -- thats really cool I am going to try that with some tomatoes and and a couple of peppers this year.

looking good guys,where is everyone else?
Dirt Plant has many flowers,and I think I saw just a wee bit of pollen this morning,maybe this weekend Ill start the Q-Tip action and get this thing underway.
Nice Pot Potawie :onfire:
dirtseedlingsettingfirshw5.jpg

dirtseedlingsettingfirsgm0.jpg

the Green House is full of plants now and they are loveing it!
rockhouseproduce5sk8.jpg

pablo

Canuk Pepperhead said:
man my plants look sad compaired to this..

Not as sad as mine. I seem to have completely jinxed myself here.

I noticed some small flies in the house, so I put up some yellow sticky traps around the Nagas. Now they're (the sticky traps) covered with these small flies. I took each cup and gently washed the seedling with Safer Soap, then rinsed them just in case there was some other uggy buggy I was missing. Well, they look happier now, BUT THEY"RE STILL NOT GROWING!

Everything else is doing fine. I've been transplanting lettuce this week, and I'll be transplanting tomatoes this weekend. The other peppers were planted about a month later, but they look fine.

I think AJ is some kind of plant incubus and is sucking the life from my plants to nourish his own!

this is why I make sauce and am not a farmer, my children would starve lol....Naga look great Pablo..... mine are still about 5 inches high.
Mick

You will notice that it has been slightly more than 12 hours, Alabama Jack has been on line, and yet he has not stepped in to deny my allegations.

...prolly cause he's too busy SUCKING THE VIGOR FROM MY NAGAS!!!

Pam said:
I think AJ is some kind of plant incubus and is sucking the life from my plants to nourish his own!

Pam said:
You will notice that it has been slightly more than 12 hours, Alabama Jack has been on line, and yet he has not stepped in to deny my allegations.

...prolly cause he's too busy SUCKING THE VIGOR FROM MY NAGAS!!!

'slurrrrrrrrrrrrppppppppp'....

they have grown about 3 to 4 inches since their 2 month birthday on 01 March...they were about 16" tall then, now they are about 20-21" tall.....that is an 18"/45cm ruler standing in the plant.

030808a004xi0.jpg

and also a pretty little flower...

030808a007yp3.jpg

It seems that ol' southern lousiana woman knew what she was talking about...but geez, she was dressed really funny with a bone in her hair...think it was a chicken bone...:lol:

Here goes...whether you want it or not...here is how I am growing my Nagas.....
I have posted all products and "treatments" I have given them...but I fertilize every watering according to the botanicare instructions. The feed I am giving them is 1/2 Tbsp of the botanicare prow grow and/or bloom depending on the age of the plant, 2 1/2 Tbsp peroxide, and 16 drops Superthrive per gallon of water. I feed them when the lower leaves start to droop, usually about 40 hours...Thats what they eat and how often....I run a fan on them twice a day for thirty minutes...the fan is now set on high. They are kept at 80F (27C) and lights now on 16/8...lights used are a 6500K and a 4100K T12 40 Watt bulbs in each shop fixture (4 fixtures total but they get the best light from 2)....and mylar coating all sides of the grow box except the plywood platforms I have them sitting on.....

Well, here's a pic of my biggest Naga Morich plant. Its finally starting to grow well and its bushing out nicely. For contest purposes I was going to cut off the bottom shoots but now I think I'm going to just let it bush out.

Potawie....your plants look "bushier" (to me that is healthy) than mine do...one thing I have noticed about mine is how tall they are...and they have just branched out the first time....long stem up about 15 inches before the branching occurs...I am enjoying watching these plants grow...

Your plants are looking great AJ & POTAWIE, Ill take a few pics of mine tomorrow, Ive got lots of buds coming through but no open flowers yet!

My hydro T.Scorpions & Bhuts as of today;

pix389.jpg

The bhuts (2 plants at front of pic) were started the same day as the competition Nagas, and are still being hand watered (I can see tiny little buds on them) the Scorpions are about 2 weeks younger than the bhuts & are on a drip fed system all these plants are in coco.

Back