• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cook-off help

Hi Folks, New to sanctioned cook-off's and looking for a little help in the "Red" department. Our local cook-off (3rd year) has become CASI sanctioned this year. I Have not entered Red before
and after some web searching it appears that beans in "Red" chili is taboo? Do I just keep it simple with beef and tomatoe base with a few spices? Any input would appreciated. My "Green" (people choice 2 years running) rocks, but it doesnt seem to be as appreciated in the big TX cook-offs as the "Red". Is that right? I know I'm showing my rookie colors here so I would appreciate a little advice from you chili pro's. Thank:?:

My boss uses both ground pork and deer meat and it is a killer chili, the best of all is that he tops it off with orange habaneros..!!, but he won't give me the recipe :hell:

wow 1st place in almost every catagory?? yea this weekend is tanglewood near winston salem...if i can bring first place home i would be able to die a happy man....

I'm sure you will do just fine Bubba. Here, I will pass on some of my green chili mojo >>>>>>>:fire:
You'll be ok now.
Yeah that dude runs a webite at http://www.chilicookin.com
check it out if you get a chance. He's gotta a couple of pix of my sis and I at the Monument cookoff. yeah I said sis.......whats a Hillbilly without a sis?:lol:

lmao---I was was sportin my star spanged hanky with my lucky Elvis shades and Sis had her "Got Chile" shirt on.
Hey meester......you like my seester?
crackin me up:lol:

Back