craft beer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968678.995684.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968687.565144.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456968700.250192.jpg

delicioso!

I hae never been a fan of barley wines, the best I've had is the the Chicken Killer from Santa Fe brewing company. I figured I would give this one a shot, since they claim that it is their "most rare and saught after beer". After drinking it, I can defnitely say I still don't like barley wines. It has nothing flavor wise that I would ever want in a beer. I don't drain pour, but if I did, this one would go down the drain. At least it's 10%, so I slammed this glass down in 2 gulps, then poured a home brew IPA to cleanse the palate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-03-18-53-50.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-03-18-53-50.png
    582.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_2016-03-03-18-53-55.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-03-18-53-55.png
    621.4 KB · Views: 38
grantmichaels said:
barleywine's hit or miss for me, but BB's Shake porter is good shit!
I haven't had that one, I will give it a shot. I've realized again that barley wine does nothing for me, except give me a quick buzz. I won't be spending another buck on one, unless I'm in Santa Fe.

t0mato said:

Have you ever tried pliny the younger by the Russian river brewing company?

I thought that was a huge beer.

Having some RR is on my short list, and something being worked on by another member =) ...

I have been gathering tidbits and watching Vinnie C. presentations from brewing conferences and working on a pair of homebrew recipes to brew for months, one for the Elder, and one for the Younger Pliny ...

It won't be Pliny, but it'll still be excellent I think ...

grantmichaels said:

Having some RR is on my short list, and something being worked on by another member =) ...

I have been gathering tidbits and watching Vinnie C. presentations from brewing conferences and working on a pair of homebrew recipes to brew for months, one for the Elder, and one for the Younger Pliny ...
It won't be Pliny, but it'll still be excellent I think ...

I like the elder better. 

Overall I think their best quality was balance.  The malty taste was not overshadowed by hops and vice versa. 

Went to Ballast Point`s big brewery and restaurant last Saturday. I was very impressed with the whole thing, from the great vibe to the great, unpretentious food  to the crazy beer list. Enjoy  :P

Particular favourites were Grunion with fresno chillis, Ginger Big Eye and Mole Victory at Sea. I always enjoy Tongue Buckler, too. At this point I have to say, Watermelon Dorado was not for me. Dorado, sure, not bad at all, but watermelon? Nope.

Back