And snook.

And flounder.

And boar.

And deer.

And gator.

And shark.

Oh, and grouper!
You forgot beer :)
This is a brand new one for me and this brewery. Pretty tasty. It's a big boy at 9.6% but it hides it well.

Here's a true craft beer. From Buckeye Lake about 40 miles east of me. It's home to Shovelhead catfish, some up to 50 lbs.

Edit: I forgot to add, this is one of the best beers I've had in a while. A real small time operation. The brewery has a bar that seats a whopping 6-8 people. You can grab a beer and they have a great food truck that sits in the parking lot.

Time flies wow!  Like 8 months since I've been here and only a couple of beers to show for it. 

The Southern Star Buried Hatchet Stout is probably a repost since it recently became available here in NM.  I had picked some up a couple of years ago in TX and had good memories of it so I was glad to see it's here.  The glass was a free promotional item for buying two 4 packs.  My memory didn't fail me, I still like this beer quite a lot.  It's sort of like a glass of smoked bittersweet chocolate. 

star_ftwqjtdx9h.jpg

I also really enjoyed the Peak bourbon barrel aged Imperial Porter

peak_pklv2mcdps.jpg

And finally I don't know why I bought this because I really don't care for Arrogant Bastard.  It was beer for sure but I regretted my purchase overall.  I'm pretty sure a fan of Arrogant Bastard would probably like this as well, but I'm more of a stout and porter guy. 

unlucky_wvz90cvp3h.jpg

I guess this is considered a craft beer. This is one of my current favorites, although a bit pricey. This is a Belgian "trappist" beer. Brewed in small quantities by monks within a monastery, its pretty strong at 9%. I highly recommend it if you can find it.

Casselberry-Altamonte Springs-20150227-00312.jpg

wheebz said:
Ahh the classic chimay. The most widely mass produces trappist beer in the world. If you are a fan, look for Trappist Rochefort 10, or St Bernardus ABT 12.  
. Thanks for the recommendations, and I will keep a look out for those.

had 2 of those last night and a crapload of one of our single varietal ciders using all Jonagold apples

i feel like poopy this morning, but hey, I have a bunch of beers coming up from Delaware today so I got that going for me

wheebz said:
had 2 of those last night and a crapload of one of our single varietal ciders using all Jonagold apples

i feel like poopy this morning, but hey, I have a bunch of beers coming up from Delaware today so I got that going for me
Which ones?

AaronTT said:
. Thanks for the recommendations, and I will keep a look out for those.

Personally I prefer the Rochefort 8 over the 10 and 6, but your mileage may vary.  Chimay has been around a long time, it was suggested to me way back in 1991 along with Anchor Steam.  ("craft beer" wasn't really around back then... these are great times to love beer)

I didn't realize that was a 21st amendment beer until I looked it up even though your pic shows it nice and clear on the can. Guess I need more :beer:

They make a good beer, I haven't seen that one around here yet.

Picked this up because on first inspection it looked pretty cool, beer with blue agave added and fermented of the Staves of barrels that Tequilla was aged in.

B43E627B-13BC-40CF-9B97-31BD20CACAE9_zpskv6vfwzc.jpg

7E5302CD-6BC7-43A0-8EF8-90E203DD22E6_zpsbxktjda5.jpg

In reality it taste like a light beer, Miller, Bud, Coors take your pick, that's been blended with an energy drink containing blue agave. The aroma is blue agave energy drink with beer undertones.

I drank the glass I poured and poured the rest down the drain. Now what hot sauce can I pick that will get this taste out of my mouth?

Back