ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435106117.086901.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435106126.120724.jpg

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435106135.821243.jpg

134F for 90 min ...

See ya soon ;)

nice, but i see no proof of life!
also, its over. nothing else is being posted!

I went with bumpers, I don't like lamb at all but he presented it in a manor that I would be willing to give it another shot. 

Grants sushi roll tacos looked disgusting and amazing at the same time. Like something I would wreck after getting stoned as fck.  :high: needed some sliced black olives in there or some bright peppers imo

Ozzys was my next choice

PexPeppers said:

nice, but i see no proof of life!

i robot.
BigB won me over w/ the fried onions ... I like a chimi ... I like the taste of fry in a taco, but am too lazy to chimi w/ any regularity ... and all of things that made certain other dishes stand out, weren't tacos ...

Mine wasn't a taco, but I took create-a-taco seriously ... I thought we were supposed to bring something new to the table, and off the top of my head, I might be the only one who did that?

Anyways, I didn't go back and take a picture w/ PoL after since I've already picked up the Pex's that I want to try.

Lamb ... nothing I haven't said before, at this point in time, I don't know anything (yet) that leads me to believe that I enjoy lamb - I certainly didn't enjoy roasted lamb w/ mint jelly from the 'raunt I worked at as a teen ...

And tamales ... are as not taco as mine, I guess ... I don't know if I would have gone there, but some else already did, so there's precedent in describing their not-taco-ness ...

Also, I don't like tamales (not a corn fan), even though I hear they are notoriously finicky to make - and those look good.

How long is the voting going for?

Tamales really weren't that hard to make, I don't like corn either but I love tamales. I don't even eat corn tortillas. The tamales was just a side though. 

grantmichaels said:
I'm beat and had tacos tonight, and fried food sounds f**king delicious ...

I know, i'm so hungry now. I really want to try your taco roll. Need me a chimi

I brought some kelbasa, kraut and mash taters for lunch today. Tossing some of JHPs smoking banshee on it and and microwaving it. Girlfriend made a apple pie, packed a bunch of that too. Still no tacos though. Going to make some tamales with the left over pork from otherday. Probably simmer it peppers, onions and chipotle sauce. Going to try for 20-50 of them though and freeze a bunch for work snacks and ish. 

D3monic said:

I know, i'm so hungry now. I really want to try your taco roll. Need me a chimi

I brought some kelbasa, kraut and mash taters for lunch today. Tossing some of JHPs smoking banshee on it and and microwaving it. Girlfriend made a apple pie, packed a bunch of that too. Still no tacos though. Going to make some tamales with the left over pork from otherday. Probably simmer it peppers, onions and chipotle sauce. Going to try for 20-50 of them though and freeze a bunch for work snacks and ish. 
JHPs smoking banshee is my hands down favourite powder right now.. it is seriously good stuff.  

Way to cook, we always do big batches for left overs.  

JHPs smoking banshee is my hands down favourite powder right now.. it is seriously good stuff.  

Way to cook, we always do big batches for left overs.  

My fav, too!

SmokenFire said:
Here we go:

Grilled flank steak tacos, pickled jalas, grilled onion, taco fuego:

2rm4bd5.jpg

Close up goodness:

2cr54s8.jpg

All up in the middle of it (thumb ring nod to TB):

312z1o2.jpg
These are the ones for me.

Bumper said:
Voted for D3 amidst some tough competition.  great plates and kudos for the extra yards taken.  

For interpretation of the brief though Grant's non entry is on top.  I experienced a sequential reaction of - what the f….- thats ridiculous... - I um...how is that holding together? - but Oh Man it looks tasty…...   

Thanks! (though it's not showing up) I love making fresh tortillas, so much better than store bought and such a simple recipe. 

D3monic said:

Thanks! (though it's not showing up) I love making fresh tortillas, so much better than store bought and such a simple recipe. 

I know, it is just time.  I have a solid one from my cookbook, but with all the other steps, it is usually the one that gets swapped for a ready made.  

D3monic said:

are they? ... i haven't found the needed motivation to do my own yet ... shit's here, just haven't ... i think jeff h posted a nice recipe for those in his thread, for some reason i feel like i liked something about his ... can't remember why, though ...

grantmichaels said:

are they? ... i haven't found the needed motivation to do my own yet ... shit's here, just haven't ... i think jeff h posted a nice recipe for those in his thread, for some reason i feel like i liked something about his ... can't remember why, though ...
I have started to have a notebook by the computer to start writing up recipes I find on here as there is so much goodness running through this place week in week out.  Which reminds me, I still need to go back to the I love wings thread and get JayT's tips down.  

Oh and D3, the avocado sauce you liked it is reallllly simple - just blend the ingredients.  It is silky smooth, really surprised just how good it is. Until I used the recipe, I would have gone straight to sour cream but the milk gets it so the texture is spot on but the avocado is centre stage.  

Back