labels Critique my labels as well please?

Would love some 'expert' opinions on my new set of labels as well, if you please. I know the glaring missing component is a bar code right not. At this stage, I am concentrating on mail order and or farmers markets / live events. When I gain some traction, future labels will have bar codes... Also, my original labels had (what i thought) were witty little paragraphs telling you what the sauce is good on....I changed my opinion on all that....Hot sauce people are smart. they know what it goes on...lol

I like originals. Why don't you reverse the blue-grey and go for a subtle castle stone or very soft stone, brick effect. I think, the color of the sauces is important. For example, the Blue above would be effective with an Orange or yellow and even cherry color. I like the old newspaper, papyrus look you had going on. The font is the only thing. But, your logo is very important, too.

I wanted to see them both together, lets see if this works-

I like the parchment look of the first one.  Devil's Due looks more like storm clouds? Maybe it's just my screen?

I third the preference for the parchment look. 

Blue is not a great color for food products. If you check the grocery aisles you'll see very few blue labels. 

But even with that aside, I just think the parchment look makes more sense aesthetically and it fits your overall theme much better. I also think the colors pop better against it, and on the flip side as mentioned on FB, the darker background makes it really hard to read the romance panel & other information when it's all the same color. 

My $.02

As an aside, I've done 2 apple-based sauces, and 1 pear-based sauce. I wouldn't have thought to have done pears & apples together - is there a single dominant fruit undertone/flavor that emerges from that or just a subtle sweetness from both? Just curious...seems like the apple would dominate but I've never combined them. ;)

Think of the color of the sauce and how #1 will pop. The blackberry color of the sauce creating bars above and below that, and your purpleish font Blackberry Belle pulling it all together. In dusty perrywinkle, fail. Plus, that's a weird mix. Bright Halloween orange, dusty perrywinkle. Board game, energy drink...  not this particular hot sauce. Imagine the color of the sauces behind the label, and I think you'll know.

I'm gonna go with the original color scheme for now.
I should have waited to post the new possibility until it was better thought out, but i get excited about something and wanna share it asap. the idea was to go a little more dark blue...practically black, but not....with more crow silhouttes in the background, but we weren't there just yet.

i do love the original though and will make it work....as for the logo colors, we did our best to match them to the color of the sauce....

i do love how the orange pops off the blue though, but i can see how that may not be a fit for the actual sauce label....save that for the t-shirt line! hahaha

thanks for the input. i appreciatez youz peoplez!!

Cool.

Not to throw a wrench into the works but I picture these doing really well as flasks. It just fits the whole olde world, crow thing.

flask_bottle.jpg

The Hot Pepper said:
Cool.

Not to throw a wrench into the works but I picture these doing really well as flasks. It just fits the whole olde world, crow thing.

attachicon.gif
flask_bottle.jpg

Haha. You guys are gonna kill me!
I have all these grand illusions of going against the grain of the typical 5oz woozy bottle, but 3 of my sauces already follow that route, and the OCD in me won't allow me to use a different type of bottle for the blackberry belle sauce.......gimme time gimme time....lot of issues to work out here!!!

How the heck do you do that stuff, Boss????  

Sorry, GeminiCrow, but I gotta agree with THP....the flask bottles would be Really Cool!

ok, ok..let me geta kickstarter going, and ill expect you two to head the list ;)

who is gonna pay my pshycolgist bills when my OCD has my turning on and off the light switch 20x an hour, cause my bottles are all different shapes? huh???

:lol:

Try working on labels with words like Methow..."METH-ow" (or is it MET-how?) and "Twisp"  ... :crazy: 

I sometimes get to where I'm questioning if shugar is spelled right....let alone chilpoltee or kap-say-sin  :lol:

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
As long as you don't spell it "smokey chipotle" up you should be ok.
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:    yea...What-EVER about THAT!!!  :rolleyes:

You know... I'm going to have to do that on a charity sauce or something on FB "just because">  I wonder how that would fly...":Charity SmokEy Chipotle Sauce"  :lol:

;) that's what I'd be counting on.....wonder how that would play out?  Ah nevermind~ 

Anyway, I can relate to working on a label until you can't even be sure if shure is spelled right! 

OK, I'm done!!!  Sauce making is easy! Label making is the death of me! I trust you kind folks!
I have also attached my business card ;)
As for Blackberry Belle, I think I am gonna bottle it in these mini 5oz tequilia bottles I found, and do a silver wax seal which i think will look amazing against the burgundy color of the sauce.

Back