• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

My wife just upped the curry game! Last night she made an amazing Massaman Curry with fresh wild Makena Goat (Maui) // Kabocha Pumpkin // Coconut // Potato // Cilantro & Carrot // Slathered in Adoboloco Hawaiian HotSauce

11123693_807474769339862_1848128224_n.jpg

Tindora Fenu Chicken Curry....I have never tried Tindora  and wanted some fenugreek that I just got so I combined a couple recipes.  Needs a little more tomato w/juice and less oil for more sauce.  Fresh peppers would be really nice.  My attempt at better presentation lol.

paulky_2000 said:
Here we go!! 

Chicken Tikka was awesome! Chicken Tikka Masala turned out amazing!

Our first try at Naan was pretty damned good too!

All in all.....dinner was a huge success!

That looks amazing!

Curry s just a spice mix. Is many different things depending on the dish or culture.

Spices include, but do not mean all of cardamom, black, brown and yellow mustard seed, coriander, black pepper, with ginger, galangal, garlic and onion paste
So much variety, all are good!

Alynne said:
That looks amazing!

Curry s just a spice mix. Is many different things depending on the dish or culture.

Spices include, but do not mean all of cardamom, black, brown and yellow mustard seed, coriander, black pepper, with ginger, galangal, garlic and onion paste
So much variety, all are good!
And yet texas blues says he hates curry... that's like saying you hate... spice.

Whaddaya expect from a hippy from Alaska/Las Vegas/Tejas.  He is just confusmicated.  Awesome Curry Paulie!!!  Pretty sure I am glad that I didn't face you in the wing throwdown.  Ida got a butt-whoopin'.

Balti Lamb Vidaloo

2/3 cup black vinegar
1.5 Tsp ground coriander
1 Tsp ground cumin
1.5 Tsp SmokenFire's Tail of Two Comets powder
1 Tsp my mixed super hot red powder
1.5 Tsp turmeric
1 Tsp granulated garlic
1 Tsp sea salt
1.5 Tsp paprika
Large pinch ground fenugreek
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1 cup water
Approx. 8 - 10 ounces lamb (I used lamb shoulder)
2 medium onions
4 curry leaves
2-3 jalapenos
corn oil

Combine all ingredients except onion and curry leaves.  Pour over lamb and place in bag - let marinate about 30 minutes.
Heat oil in wok.  Stir fry onions and  curry leaves about 3 minutes.
Add lamb and spice mixture - cook until reduced.
Add sliced jalapenos (or whatever pepper that you like)
Serve

Very spicy . . . made me sweat.

DSC_0761.JPG

Back