• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

Coconut chicken curry:

Boneless chicken thighs
Green curry paste
Coconut cream
Fish sauce
Cherry tomatoes
Cilantro

DSC_0530.JPG

Curry to me means turmeric which is the main ingredient and gives it the yellow color.   From there you can add coriander, fenugreek or hot chile powder.   Try to buy turmeric at the grocery store and it will cost you.  Go to the Asian market and buy curry powder and it is cheap with turmeric as the main ingredient.  You want good cheap sweet pickles with a bite add curry powder instead of buying straight turmeric.    My aunt was a missionary nurse in Pakistan for 30 years.  Curry and chi tea were always on the menu when she came home for a visit.  

Many types of curry not just yellow.

buddy said:
Coconut chicken curry:

Boneless chicken thighs
Green curry paste
Coconut cream
Fish sauce
Cherry tomatoes
Cilantro

attachicon.gif
DSC_0530.JPG
Bangin'!

buddy said:
Coconut chicken curry:

Boneless chicken thighs
Green curry paste
Coconut cream
Fish sauce
Cherry tomatoes
Cilantro

attachicon.gif
DSC_0530.JPG

I really want to be liking that but I can only do it, if I pretend it doesn't have so much Devil weed strewn on top of it.    

I am just happy the hipster trendy product development chefs for the chain resto's are starting to tail off on throwing that crap into or on top of everything.  Now if they would just put the psuedo  " truffle oil " junk down  it would be a wonderful world. 

no,  can you link or point out the thread?    I love to see other people rant about it too..  My wife just laughs at me ranting at the TV whenever I see someone on those competition shows throw that crap in their food. 

too funny , I am not sure how I missed that since I did see your  burger bun pizza....  Strangely I do use and enjoy the black truffle salt my Sister gave me for Xmas  last year.   

Coconut Pork Curry.

Protein = Boneless pork roast.
Curry = Onion, Thai peppers, garlic, ginger, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, tomatoes, coconut milk, chicken broth, cilantro.
Side = Sticky rice.

The pork:
DSC_0520.JPG

The coconut pork curry:
DSC_0533.JPG

Sticky rice:
DSC_0536.JPG

Tomorrow night = non-curry.  Thursday = Dolsot Bibim Bot

Thanks for looking.

Truffle oil on truffles? LOL. You trying to kill me?

Back