• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Curry????

Today I tried my first curry ever and it was so good! It was extra hot green curry from a Thai restraint. The heat was ok.(I put super hot powder on everything, so tolerance is higher than an average joe) What curry's do you eat? Which curry should I try next?

Wait. I have always like cilantro.  Does that mean I am a hipster?  Woot!  I gotta go get me some PBR now.

My mexican curries lol

20150311_115555.jpg

20150226_123908.jpg

Looks good! In some Indian joints they call this chili, because of the similarity to our chili. I guess the tomatoes, meat, and peppers.

Looks good man!

I love to "taco" my Indian food with naan lol.
It has a great sheen. Is that from oil or a corn starch slurry in the end?

Yeah, so, I looked into all of this when I created my thread a few years ago ...

The grouping which most accurately describes my region of interest is "Far East" ...

Trans-Pacific is pretty accurate, too ...

Asian doesn't work, it's much, much, larger ... and, in fact, included places where I've cooked their food pretty extensively in the past ...

I had a lot of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean and Moroccan food in previous chapters of my life, and was getting really into curry when I first came around these parts ...

Far Eastern food seems like the best yin to my yang, the diametrically opposite style of eating, and the direction I pull my dietary practices towards imho ...

a lot  trace back  to the British bringing  an Indian workforce to different parts of the world.    I was on a african curry/wat kick a few years ago.. So good, although I don't care for injera bread , at least the recipe I tried. 

Grant, check out Georgian food (the country). Look at a map and it sits square between Europe and Asia, on a strip of land just north of the Middle East and south of Russia. They have all kinds of cross-spices and cross-culture food.

The tagine is down on the counter, now, actually ...

I intend to take a swipe at stove-top cabbage rolls in the tagine in the next couple of weeks ...
Trying to cut the time in half, or more ... we'll see.
cabbage rolls w/ butter, sage, long pepper, & preserved lemon, on the range, in the tagine ...

This is happening - it's official.

Two-birds.

Back