food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Everything buns  rising, smoker preheating. Bacon and burger patties fixin to go into smoker. Milk and vinegar curdling for butter milk, cheese curds and jalapeno coins going into fryer. Manchego cheese for the burgers. Going to be a good one hopefully. 

aaand I forgot to put a drip pan under the bacon, how bout ya grease fire. The burgers are fine but the bacon is charcoal. 

Good thing there's bacon in the  burgers at least. 

Everything Brioche bun:

• 1 cup warm water
  • 3 tablespoons warm milk
  • 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
  • 21/2 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups bread flower
  • 1/3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
  • everything bagel style seasoning. Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced garlic, minced onion
Directions

1. Combine water, milk, yeast and sugar. Let stand until foamy. In mean time beat one egg
  2. In large bowl combine the flours and salt, add butter to to flour and rub into flour with fingers making crumbs. Stir in yeast and egg until it forms a dough. Scrape onto well floured surface and kneed for ten minutes.
  3. Shape dough into ball and return to bowl, cover and let rise until doubled for 1-2 hours
  4. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut dough into equal parts (unless forming a giant bun) roll into balls and space 2-3 inches apart. Cover loosely with nonstick spray coated plastic wrap. Let rise for 1-2 hours. 
  5. Place large pan of water on bottom of stove, preheat over to 400f with rack in center. Make egg wash with remaining egg and 1 tablespoon of water. Brush onto buns and sprinkle everything mix over them.
  6. Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown, remove from oven and place on cooling rack. 

jxY1pA0.jpg

Ground up  a bunch of bacon

6E7uVJV.jpg

worked it into the patties. 

phzkJ5c.jpg

Beer battered some cheese curds and jalapeno coins

7LG81IA.jpg

CrupNDs.jpg

PnU7a5w.jpg

S6Fw7By.jpg

Not  the same without  a bunch of bacon on it... was still good though.  

nice, dude ...

love that ring ... but especially as a solution since I know you don't rock rare meat.

in fact, i think it should be a requirement, or THP rule or whatever ... "if you won't cook beef <= medium, you must smoke it for appetizing color" ...

love the FFF in the background ...

love the fried curds ...

basically everything about that is win ...
oh, and the pods in the background - nice touch ...

grantmichaels said:
nice, dude ...

love that ring ... but especially as a solution since I know you don't rock rare meat.

in fact, i think it should be a requirement, or THP rule or whatever ... "if you won't cook beef <= medium, you must smoke it for appetizing color" ...

love the FFF in the background ...

love the fried curds ...

basically everything about that is win ...

oh, and the pods in the background - nice touch ...

I opted for the smoker today because my grill been having a penchant for catching on fire when I look away for 30 seconds. That and smoker gives me more leeway to cook other things indoors worry free... well so much for that solution. As soon as I opened the smoker the entire inside  was fire. I had to shut all the vents, door and kill the heat to snuff the lames out. Thankfully the burgers didn't go up. 

You topped my dinner, easily ...

Sadly, due to the storm, distractions etc ... not only am I still working, but dinner was meh ... and I still have to do all of the sourdough crap later still ...

JayT said:
That looks fantastic!  I want two to take to work this weekend!
I took two to work yesterday. Killer, also forgot pot of cheese sauce on stove. House stunk to hell. For cheese sauce I melt some butter, 1t flour wisked in for a min, add 1 cup milk. Simmer and wisk for a few mins and then add cheese and pepper

Scoville DeVille said:
If you weren't married, I wasn't married, and you were a woman, we would be in love.

I would do laundry, wash windows and vacuum.

You would make that sandwich for me every day.

Naked.

Buy the flank steaks, but both of us would be like 300lbs in a year or less... I'd need a hoverround to get out to the grill

wpid-fat-guy-on-scooter.jpeg

Back