food D3monic "Can" Cook but Allergies Suck!

Haven't really had any time to be online or to cook a homemade meal in a while. I finally had two days off in a row so decided to do some grocery shopping and cook dinner. Originally I wanted to make fettuccine from scratch but it was getting late so opted for some 5 cheese tortellini by family popular vote. 

Some shallots, garlic and red pepper for the sauce. Just used a jar of basil alfredo. Added about 5 more basil leaves to it. 

IMG_1573.JPG

Scored 3 small filets for pretty cheap. Did a light marinade in soy, garlic and pepper. Pan seared then placed in 400 degree oven for a bit before pulling back out and doing a red wine braising 

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1577.JPG

cheesy garlic bread and white bhut flakes to finish it off. 

IMG_1579.JPG

turned out pretty good, Would still like to try my hand at homemade noodles. 

grantmichaels said:
That's a nice plate of food!

si was very good, getting ready to prep some pizza dough for tonight. 

Looking at caribbean options for the TD. Too bad I have an aversion to fish there's some great fritter looking recipes. Would love to do ox tail but the old lady hates it. I'm toying with a few ideas, browsing pinterest trying to get some inspiration. Seems Trinidad recipes are catching my eye more than anything. 

awe look at the puppy!

My bread probably stale now. I ate one the loaves as toasts for braunshwager (spelling) and brochette. Other one is still wrapped on the counter. 

Did they tie his bottom legs together for that pic? Looks like a black hair band.

The legs don't look natural, like a tied up baked chicken, but oops sorry taking the fun out of it, but I hate that if so...

The Hot Pepper said:
Did they tie his bottom legs together for that pic? Looks like a black hair band.

Nah, just shadow ... plus sharpening.
The Hot Pepper said:
The legs don't look natural, like a tied up baked chicken, but oops sorry taking the fun out of it, but I hate that if so...

I would too, but I don't think that's the case here ... based on whose timeline it came from on FB ...

Bob Lorber loves kitteh and animals, so ...

He's the source of the 'werd' stuff ...

Put the meat slicer to work today. Got some flank steak going for Cheese steaks

QVfKYpr.jpg

xev8sro.jpg

DOLAQVF.jpg

Eye of Round for Jerky

Dh6zhHE.jpg

Marinade of Worcestershire, soy, liquid smoke, brown sugar, loads of black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Wild Pepper powder (orange wild brazil, cumari do para and white lighting hab), crushed red pepper, Fresno peppers and some dried pequins. 

JEKeiZ8.jpg

S63KYUs.jpg

That looks amazing. Those few pepper rings just to get some more pepper aroma in the meat? I've got to try making some jerky.

Back