• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

D3monic said:

Nice! Very healthy looking. Is that one them there krackty systems or how ever it is spelled?
Thanks! Nope it's just a tiny ghetto DWC I made today. I imagine they'll out grow it pretty fast.

tctenten said:
Different story on the Baha Goat x Butch T. I went 0-4 there.

You're also welcome to try any of the others if you want. I got several packs of the the carbonero x butch T yellow and the paper lantern ones too

Update:  I have 3 Lemon Drop x Inca Berrys that have popped and 1 Aji Pineapple x Butch T Yellow.  Not sure why things are going slow, but I will take it!

Nice thanks for the update!  are they on a warm surface like a heatpad and is the heatpad on a insulated surface like a table top or shelf not on concrete? 

Thanks! I'm at work but I caught most that. It's a baccatum. Or should be, both parents were. I appreciate everything you've done with it so far. I'll revisit this when I got some time

Nice, just revisited the pod review. Those girls are troopers. Hopefully they develop a more interested flavor in F2. Would be nice to find something in a yellow with good flavor. The size was nice. 

Hey yeah nah they were pretty bulletproof, will definitely have them to do more reviews.

I'll collect a bunch of seeds for you and will send them over if you like? Just PM me your address and I'll have them in the mail in a couple of weeks once i've dried a batch.

Baha goat x butch t yellow. Unfortunately we've decided to sell our house this spring so I've got a proxy doing my dirty work this year.

Genetikx said:
Baha goat x butch t yellow. Unfortunately we've decided to sell our house this spring so I've got a proxy doing my dirty work this year.

Oh man that sucks! sorry to hear that. 

D3monic said:

Oh man that sucks! sorry to hear that. 
Yeaaa pretty much. All my plants are with a good friend of mine and he has a lot of experience growing so no worries there. I'll be living vicariously thru a lot of people this year.

Genetikx said:
Yeaaa pretty much. All my plants are with a good friend of mine and he has a lot of experience growing so no worries there. I'll be living vicariously thru a lot of people this year.

Worse case I can always take that plant off your hands, especially since I don't have any of that one going. 

I culled most my seedlings pretty hard. Ended up keeping only one lemon drop x inca berry. Especially since sentencedtoburn is sending me some the f2 seeds. I should have plenty of time to get those started for this year and get some seeds off them. 

Your crosses look like they are turning out great.  I'm glad at least most of everyone is also having some success germinating their seed.

Peter S said:
Here's an updated pic of the Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow, from this morning.

Looking great!

I'm happy I kept the little 7pot burgundy x CGN-21500. I now know for sure that the father was CGN. I had my doubts

It  wasted no time coloring up once it got its own pot. 

tAsIy8R.jpg

Zero doubt in my mind now that is who I used to pollinate with. I thought it all along but couldn't be certain  since I didn't write it down. 

3XIwmFV.jpg

Back