• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3monic's Crossing Project/Community Grow

Click for Currently Crossed ListWill keep it updated as new crosses are added.

Butch T Yellow and Bahamian Goat won the poll!
  1. Aji Omni Color (4 votes [8.16%]
  2. bullet_star_rated.png
     Bahamian Goat (14 votes [28.57%]
  3. bullet_star_rated.png
     Butch T Yellow (9 votes [18.37%]
  4. Aji Crystal (3 votes [6.12%] 
  5. Caribbean Red Habanero (3 votes [6.12%]
  6. Paper Lantern Habanero (7 votes [14.29%] 
  7. Bolsa De Dulce (3 votes [6.12%]
  8. White Bhut (6 votes [12.24%] 

Alrighty folks! It's almost plant out time and that means that my basement and lights are going to be freed up for some crossing projects through the summer. 

I have 4 DWC buckets available for growing peppers indoors all summer. (not to mention racks for seedling growout)
2 spots are already taken by White Fatalii and CGN-21500.

These Plants will be the Base for all my other crosses. Meaning that I will use pollen from plants that are outdoors in the rest of my collection crossed with these. These will be tagged and harvested and grown out in the basement to choose phenos. I'm planning on going for taste more than heat. 

Plants to choose from  

My biggest focus will be crossing the White Fatalii with CGN-21500 but will do plenty of other crosses with them as well. 

Here is my entire grow list and potential candidates to be crossed with my final choices (hope that makes sense)

Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Jays Peach Scorpion
Fatalii
Bonda ma Jaques
Butch T Yellow
Sweet Datil
Bulsa de dulce
Aji Omni-color
Aji Limon
Fidalga Roxa
White Bullet Hab
Paper Lantern Hab.
Jamaican Hot Chocolate hab.
White Fatalii
White Bhut jolokia
Urfa Biber
Inca Berry
Caribbean Red Hab
Aji Pineapple
BG7
Orange Wild Brazil
Goatsweed
Chocolate Habanero
Mystery Hababhut?
Scotch Bonnets
Taquila Sunrise "Hot"
Fooled you jalapeno
Yellow Primo
White Devils tongue
7pot Yellow brainstrain
Trinidad Giant yellow congo
Bahamian goat
Aji Crystal
Cumari do Para
Carolina Reaper
7pot Yellow
Yaki brown
Xalapa Jalapeno
Pink Tiger 
Criola Sella
7pot White 
Tepin X Lemon drop (iso) F2 
Aji Amarillo 
MOA Scotch Bonnet 
Champion (baccatum)
Large Orange Thai (growdown throwdown)
Yellow bhut
Australian Lantern Habanero
CGN-21500
Carbonero

Once the poll is complete Thursday night- the two winning plants will be moved to the hydro system and this thread will serve as my grow log for this project. 

Y'all are more than welcome to offer suggestions as to what you would like to see crossed with what as well. I'm sure I will be sharing seeds with most of you at some point (prolly F2? maybe some F1's)

Yep too sunny, baha goat x butch T is all wilted from direct sunlight. No signs of shade cloth available anywhere at a reasonable price. 

This one has grown a lot over the last few weeks. Does have some kind of deficiency showing on the leaves that I know it'll grow out of. D3, think I saw something similar on one of your plants and you said possible nitrogen deficient. This went in FFOF about a month ago and I've only given it Myco since. Wouldn't think it'd be starving for any nutes at this point. Could be I had the fan on too high, idk

D3monic said:
Root mass

nirAoqY.jpg

Even if it drops most its leaves it should recover considering its size right?
Sad and wilty

yazlAxT.jpg
I think it will be okay.  I have a couple of plants like that.  If you are having the same shady weather I have right now, it'll love it.

It was cloudy all day yesterday, so I had the plants out all day. Today is cloudy by chance of rain all day so they're on the rack under the roof. I just fed them the other day so I don't want any more water going in there :).

I'm working 12s so the thought of leaving them out all day scares me. I'm picking up a green house next Wed so will get them in there hopefully soon. Maybe put some shade cloth over at the start.

Yeah, my wife was home to put them away yesterday in case it rained. I had also already had them out a few hours with no ill effects so I wasn't too concerned.

Lol last year I absolutely smoked my over winters. Silver leaves were in effect.

I did it to a few as well last year. They seemed to recover fine. Most of is put out plants large enough they can recover. Probably a bigger issue with seedlings that only have 4 or so leaves

Hadn't checked this thread in a while, really impressed with your efforts and documentation d3 (and the rest)!  Are you still planning on crossing the Baha Goat/MOA?  Trying for the totes mah goat again?

Si, also want to do a few crosses with aji omni color. Thinking omni x paper lantern or something hab level heat
Maybe i'll even hit it with some my ols aji Amarillo pollen see if it takes

Here's a pic from this weekend of my Paper Lantern x Butch T Yellow's. I started hardening them off already, gave them a light dusting of sulfur as preventive. I have two more still in plugs, need to do something with them soon. 

InZx009l.jpg

D3monic said:
Looking good, nice thick stems.
Thanks. I think I'm going to put two in self-watering containers and bring to work, setting them outside our building. They'll be far away from any other pepper plants, so I can get some good isolated seed.

Nice, I wish I could bring plants to work. I got a Mexican who grows pequins would be nice if I coukd have a big potted wild brazil or other little snacking pepper

Sorry no update pics in a while.. and none today either  :rolleyes:

I'm off tomorrow so should be able to get some. After removing the bahamian goat x butch T from hydro and moving it outside (it's doing horrible out there btw) 
I trimmed all the over growth in the hydro way back and fixed some air supply issues. 

Today I noticed the aji pineapple X butch t yellow finally has a small pod growing on it. Only a few flowers on the plant. I think the damn bahamian goat that is in there is sucking up all the nutes like crazy. 

Maybe now that it is getting more light it shall do better. 

Back