• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

D3's 2016 Growlog

Well 2016 is already fast approaching and it's time to start thinking about what to grow this coming year. Last year I started seeds in mid Dec and was running out of room for plants by the time plant out finally came. I think this year I will start the majority in January. 

I was going through my seeds to send to a few and figured it was time to start formulating a list of what I want to grow. 
There was a lot that I grew 2015 that while ok, I didn't see myself growing again and a few that definitaly made the grow list again. a few off the top my head being paper lantern, baha goats and moa bonnets. Just the right heat levels and great as smoked powders. 

Here is my non official ever changing list. (so much for having a smaller grow this year...) Edited 1-6 to reflect actual current list. 

Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Mystery Wine - Joyner
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   Moa Bonnet Yellow- mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Moa Bonnet Red- Jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Aji Mango- Ozzy
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-7   Bahamian Goat (pheno from last year with nice tail) mine
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Mako Kokoo - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Habanero Hot Lemon - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Cor De Laranja - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Murupi Amarela- Scorched
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   Cream Fatalii - Cone9
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-4   7pot Peach - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5   Ice scream scorp - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Habanero Laranjada Grande - Semillas
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-3   Peach Bhut - jcw10tc
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6   BG7 Chocolate - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Mystery Citrus- Grant
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Pimente De Breese- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Pimenta bode loranja- smileyguy697
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Goatsweed - Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        Douglah X Butch T f4- Hogleg
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15Trinidad Scorpion CARDI Yellow - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:        SB7J Yellow - Ozzy2001
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-12 Beni Highlands - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 7pot Burgundy- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carolina Yellow Hab - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji Omni Color- Ajijoe
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Bolsa de Ducle- mine
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Queen Laurie - Cone9
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-15 Aji ahuachapau - Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-16 Red Primo- Jcw10tc
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-13 Carbonero- Tony Sherwood
Sow: 01-07 Sprout:1-18 Devils Brain - Jcw10tc

Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush peach- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Sugar rush cream- Scorched
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Rosita- Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Hot Rod Serrano X Maui Purple f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        7pod orange x Cbbg7 f1- Freeportbum
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Dulce Jobito - Cheri
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Fantasy White- PeterS
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Paper Lantern Hab
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Cherry Bomb- grocery store
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Big Jim- Santis
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Mata frade- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Yellow Jalapeno- 
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:        Aji Pineapple
Sow: 01-16 Sprout:1-20 Yellow Tepin
                    Sprout:1-30 P. Dreadie Select Bonnet

My Crosses- See Crossing Thread

Flowering/producing      Aji Pineapple x Butch T yellow f1   maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Butch T yellow x Bahaminan goat f1  maybe f2 if lucky already frowering
Flowering/producing      Paper Lantern X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Not a 7pot y X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 of lucky already flowering
Flowering/producing      Carbonero X Butch T yellow f1  maybe f2 if lucky already flowering
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    7pot Burgundy X Mystery (I crossed it and forgot to write it down. I think it's CGN 21500 )
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-5    Lemon drop X Inca Berry f1 
Sow: 12-29 Sprout:1-6    Aji amarillo X Caribbean red hab f1

D3monic said:
Unfortunately no, haven't had a chance to play in garden. I did hit omni color with a few pollens like Amarillo, peach bhut, I forgot what else.
There's still time if you can get out there. Omni color x bbg sounded like a nice one. 

Cheers 

Yuck. Few things are as creepy and annoying as a big, buzzing swarm of mosquitos. Aside from that, your garden is amazing as usual. Great variety and aesthetics. I love your operation! Any chance of you posting some pics of your landscape pond? 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Yuck. Few things are as creepy and annoying as a big, buzzing swarm of mosquitos. Aside from that, your garden is amazing as usual. Great variety and aesthetics. I love your operation! Any chance of you posting some pics of your landscape pond? 

I can, though the pond is a little mucky right now from lack of care. Probably the source of the mosquito boom. I got some garden work to do this afternoon I'll try and shoot a few pics. 

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Good deal, thanks! I bet you have a couple of plants that could put that pond scum to good use...  ;)

Caught it at a bad time, none the lilly pads are blooming. Most the toadpoles should have morphed out by now so it's probably safe to clean it. 

ixh925P.jpg

Picked a lot of pods the other day so was a good chance to ship some out. 

P83dpZt.jpg

QlSk9yf.jpg

Hopefully I'll have a chance to get some more out next week. There's a few more I'd like to get the crosses out to. I'll try and get you on the next round Hybrid. 

I got some more trays of peppers sliced up, mostly scorponeros and devils prick and one of mixed peppers of bonnet style heat and flavor. Will smoke them tomorrow and dehydrate. Maybe I'll do cherry wood this round. 

I also got some fermenting supplies on order. Going to try fermenting some the scorponeros and devils pricks. 

I'm NOT a fan of the "skiters". Reminds me of a deer hunt years ago, I had hundreds of them on me (I was totally protected). I got up and left, screw them!

Anyways, Impressive harvest, and I'm glad to see it :dance: I know a lot of work went into all the goodness!

Enjoy!

Thanks guys, already a ton more that needs picked in the garden. I got some peppers smoking right now over cherry and alder. Getting ready to throw them in the dehydrator over night in the garage so I don't napalm the house. lol 

My car going to smell yummy!

I can barely crawl through my greenhouse now, mystery citrus and orange wild brazil taking it over. 

Mystery citrus

as2na04.jpg

orange wild brazil

T6aD0yg.jpg

random pepper plant growing next to my smoker. Probably fidalga roxa from last year. 

8sZqQbw.jpg

lots of blurry aji mango

jJjo9zD.jpg

Did some gardening today, pulled a shit ton of weeds

Went all peter piper

TM1HfgD.jpg

Lots of aji omni color

KIZYklp.jpg

Twin 7pot burgundy

KoEanAs.jpg

The two phenos of 7pot burgundy  x cgn-21500

JTnTYWI.jpg