• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Dallas Cowboys

trollface.jpg

Great way to wrap up the weekend!

I have always loved the Cowboys, but they are trying to be a team they once were and that will never happen. Romo isn't going to carry them into the promise land alone like the great Aikman! Romo only threw 2 touchdowns in 2 games (1 touchdown was a 1 yd toss to a fullback) and that's not gonna cut it if your going to give up on your run game. He attempted 51 passes (Cutler only attempted 29) and did go for 374 yards, but the key is there was no run game. The run game average was only 1.8 yards on 20 attempts. 1.8 yards?? That's pathetic and the defense will have their interceptions if you drop back that often. If it wasn't for the punt return the game would have looked horrible. What does the cowboys do? They play the blame game and start pointing fingers at each other.

They need to go back to the basics and learn how to run the ball or it's going to be a LONG season and they may not end up with a winning season at all. Keep in mind one of the real reasons Aikman did so good is because of the run threat by Emmitt Smith. What was Aikman's record BEFORE Emmitt Smith? 0-11 as a starter!

Just in case you haven't been paying attention, the Steelers are 2-0 and playing their FOURTH string quarterback. God help you all when Ben gets back! :woohoo:

I can not believe I'm saying this....but:

I hope the Cowboys beat the Giants today.

:shocked:

I feel faint......must go have a beer....... :beer:

Back