• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December - Musubi throw down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh! Everyone throw down their merkins! :lol:

I'm down for an amuse-bouche TD, maybe a plate of various one bite apps. Could be interesting. Paella also sounds fun.

What about a cast iron TD? Only cook on CI. No limit on how many pieces of cookware, it just has to be CI.

collective "GASP" as all the merkins are thrown down.

:eek:

What about a cast iron TD? Only cook on CI. No limit on how many pieces of cookware, it just has to be CI.
Been there, done that....you just missed it in March.
Edit- we did the Dutch Oven challenge, but that was not specifically a Cast Iron challenge. Any type of ceramic, glass, CI, SS pot was allowed as long as it was a dutch oven and was used with dutch oven style cooking.
So, I guess there is room for a Cast Iron challenge. Sorry for speaking too soon before checking the facts, MGold.

I'll go find my list of TDs and re-post. Back in a few-

Here's a list of TD's from the beginning-

popper
burger
pizza
jerk
mac and cheese
stick it- food on a stick
stuff it- sausages Oktoberfest I
comfort food- 2 sides
holy smoke (smoked foods)
steak
superbowl snack foods/finger foods
regional/ethnic sandwich- you choose the region/ethnic
pasta
secret ingredient- mango
pie- sweet or savory
grillin' and chillin'- grilled food and a drink
seafood
where's the beef?- beef-less burgers
oktoberfest- entree and oktoberfest beer
waffles!
bajou battle- cajun cooking
chopped- (TV show/use these ingredients-cornish hen, swiss chard, melba toast and chiles)
super "bowl"- anything in a bowl
Dutch oven classic
Hometown Hotdogs
Asian
Battle Royale- one-on-one non-crown winner -v- previous winner
Toast
$5 Feast
Mexican
Oktoberfest III
The Best Meal I Ever Ate-

merk.jpg

I'm down for an amuse-bouche TD, maybe a plate of various one bite apps. Could be interesting. Paella also sounds fun.

The only Cast Iron I own is a Fajita thingy, and a Le Creuset D.O. (enamel).
I'm a Calphalon phan...

The only Cast Iron I own is a Fajita thingy, and a Le Creuset D.O. (enamel).
I'm a Calphalon phan...
so if it's a cast iron challenge, make fajitas! :crazy: that wasn't so difficult~~~~

Hmmm..... cupcakes. Spicy decorated cupcakes. Made WITHOUT traditional cake-decorating equipment. High on the foo factor.....

One day I'll have to tell you a story about angry cupcakes!

And we should all meet on the Big Island for a face to face throw down. Preferably when its real cold back home.

I TRIPLE/QUAD/(howmanyplussescanIputforapost)/Oh-Yeah/ THAT requirement. Like ....NOW?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back