• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest December Throwdown Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
here's a list of TD's from the beginning-
popper
pizza
burger
jerk
mac and cheese
stick it- food on a stick
stuff it- sausages
comfort food- 2 sides
holy smoke (smoked foods)
steak
superbowl snack foods/finger foods
regional/ethnic- you choose the region/ethnic
pasta
secret ingredient- mango
pie- sweet or savory
grillin' and chillin'- grilled food and a drink
seafood
where's the beef?- beef-less burgers
oktoberfest- entree and oktoberfest beer
waffle

'Dude suggested Holiday Office Party theme, drink and mini-buffet type foods

We haven't done a proper pizza td (edit- yes there was one-my mistake), there were a couple pizzas in the Pie td.

Cheese hasn't been highlighted, nor fruit.

edit to include the first 4. thx THP

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/10792-

You missed the first 4.

Dan,

People keep PM'ing and e-mailing me ideas and asking me what the next throwdown theme will be. Could you please tell them that I was not given that task?

I don't really even care why anymore.....your rules....your site....your choice.

;)

Dan,

People keep PM'ing and e-mailing me ideas and asking me what the next throwdown theme will be. Could you please tell them that I was not given that task?

I don't really even care why anymore.....your rules....your site....your choice.

;)

Heck I've been begging for a rulling for several days now and still haven't gotten a ruling. :(

Yeah...I noticed.

It doen't take a genius to realize that the issue is being ignored on purpose, but you can bet the farm that there's a damn good reason for the silence.

Well yeah. Especially since my poll was removed. A simple ya or nay is all we are asking for. Once we get it, we can move on.

Well yeah. Especially since my poll was removed. A simple ya or nay is all we are asking for. Once we get it, we can move on.

I understand your curiosity and really appreciate the support.....but the harder you push, the less likely the response will be a pleasant one....

:lol:

Guys, FD4 helped me out because I was busy and now I have time again. I pondered the idea and am still of ways to let winners decide. Maybe after a certain number of crowns and it is still mid-November so no need to get so anxious. I have something working for the next one possibly where I may partner with an outside sponsor and they may feature the winner, so stay tuned.

Guys, FD4 helped me out because I was busy and now I have time again. I pondered the idea and am still of ways to let winners decide. Maybe after a certain number of crowns and it is still mid-November so no need to get so anxious. I have something working for the next one possibly where I may partner with an outside sponsor and they may feature the winner, so stay tuned.

Thanks for sharing THP. That sounds like a cool idea that you are working on and I can't wait to see how it plays out. Now, I can move on and not feel so ignored. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back