• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

Tabasco sauce is glorified vinegar with some pepper solids added in, and not all that spicy...even the habanero.

The DEFCON products that are well known are wing sauces, not hot sauces, and have a different application. At least, I've not used them as hot sauces. They are definitely hotter than habanero, but they also taste better too esp. for their intended usage.

Comparing them is not really fair, Apples and oranges, if you will.

- Joe

McGoo said:
What is this 'joke' you speak of?
Tabasco is not the best sauce. it's not even a sauce... it's flavored vinegar. and no, Tabasco isn't the hottest as well. the Habanero one tingles.

To each their own. Everybody has different tastes. My suggestion is to try it for yourself and make your won decision. My personal opinion is I love Defcon Sauces!!! I have tried Defcon 2and Habby Horse so far. Further more take a look at Defcons Website and look at the amount of awards he has won. If the sauces are that terrible he would not have won half the awards he has nor would John be as respected in the hot world as he is.

Dyce51 said:
nor would John be as respected in the hot world as he is.

Respected? Who said anything about respected? :lol:

Actually he is respected. He get's the same respect that you give a ticking time bomb or a loaded gun. Execpt the gun's bullets are capscaicin :lol: You only point the gun at people you intend to hurt :lol:

Omri said:
Tabasco is not the best sauce. it's not even a sauce... it's flavored vinegar. and no, Tabasco isn't the hottest as well. the Habanero one tingles.

LOL. I don't think anyone really thought you thought tobasco was the best sauce.

I hate their normal crap, i use the chipotle in cooking once in a while and was curious about the hab.

imaguitargod said:
Respected? Who said anything about respected? :lol:

Actually he is respected. He get's the same respect that you give a ticking time bomb or a loaded gun. Execpt the gun's bullets are capscaicin :lol: You only point the gun at people you intend to hurt :lol:

Point the gun? You get anywhere near him and you're gonna get hurt.....He's more like a big ass anti-personnel bomb:lol:

Dyce51 said:
To each their own. Everybody has different tastes. My suggestion is to try it for yourself and make your won decision. My personal opinion is I love Defcon Sauces!!! I have tried Defcon 2and Habby Horse so far. Further more take a look at Defcons Website and look at the amount of awards he has won. If the sauces are that terrible he would not have won half the awards he has nor would John be as respected in the hot world as he is.

Thanks dude, you're making me blush. :oops:

Like others have said, you can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. We have fun with what we do, and have complete faith in our products. Nothing is going to change that. If a couple people want to bad-mouth our stuff, trust me, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

"Respected? Who said anything about respected?"

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

Respect is a 2-way street. We have fun everywhere we go, we make sure of it. If someone, with some twisted agenda wants to confront me and blaspheme the Defcon Continuum, let 'em. I'll just sit back with my Florence flask full of beer and laugh at them. It has happened only a couple of times in the last 5 years, and each of those times, other customers at the booth took them on, and the blasphemer walked away embarrased.

I love my job. :hell:

Unfortunately there's too many MORONS and IGNORANTS in this society, but as John said just sit back and laugh at it, we love our job :)

imaguitargod said:
Respected? Who said anything about respected? Actually he is respected. He get's the same respect that you give a ticking time bomb or a loaded gun. Execpt the gun's bullets are capscaicin You only point the gun at people you intend to hurt

:shocked:

:fireball:

:censored:

marcosauces said:
Unfortunately there's too many MORONS and IGNORANTS in this society, but as John said just sit back and laugh at it, we love our job :)

JESUS! IT'S MARCOS!!!! HAHAHA!!! So you did come back briefly thanks to my email. Oh, we got the samples and the boss might be carring your BBQ sauce. I'll email you when the review is posted in a few weeks.

DEFCON Creator said:
Marco, my friend, how have you been?

You know..thanks to coaching soccer i have finally 2 hours to myself 2 days a week..!!!woohooo
Everything is good John, business is little slow, but gives me time to come up with new sauces creation :)
BTW i might see you at Jungle Jim weekend of fire, just have to convince the wife to work for me ...heh
so i hope i see you all there, i am looking forward to this.

imaguitargod said:
JESUS! IT'S MARCOS!!!! HAHAHA!!! So you did come back briefly thanks to my email. Oh, we got the samples and the boss might be carring your BBQ sauce. I'll email you when the review is posted in a few weeks.

IT'S ME...!!!!
BBQ Sauce not commercial yet, i make it at the restaurant and sold there only....i am getting my BPCS licence at the end of the month so i hope that by end of May all my BBQ/Wing sauces
will go wholesale.
Let me know for the review....but i guess you like it..:)

marcosauces said:
You know..thanks to coaching soccer i have finally 2 hours to myself 2 days a week..!!!woohooo
Everything is good John, business is little slow, but gives me time to come up with new sauces creation :)
BTW i might see you at Jungle Jim weekend of fire, just have to convince the wife to work for me ...heh
so i hope i see you all there, i am looking forward to this.

Glad to hear things are going well. If you can make it to Jungle Jims, it's a must see. The show is a big party, and everyone has a good time. Will you be setting up a booth as well?

marcosauces said:
IT'S ME...!!!!
BBQ Sauce not commercial yet, i make it at the restaurant and sold there only....i am getting my BPCS licence at the end of the month so i hope that by end of May all my BBQ/Wing sauces
will go wholesale.
Let me know for the review....but i guess you like it..:)

Ya, it's pritty interesting, kinda reminds me of Holy Chipotle's BBQ sauce, but better. :lol:

Back