• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

OK, I can finally weigh in on this topic, as I have cracked one of Hot Canuck's presents!

Defcon #1
Served on Stillmanz' wings.

Prep:
6x Wings a la Mick, about 1/5 of a bottle of sauce poured over the top in a bowl and tossed, then placed under a warming heat element for a few mins, so sauce warm.

I found the heat to be pretty good, but not KILLER hot. In fact, I didn't go for the milk as a result, nor hiccups. Just an even burny feel across the mouth and lips.

I found the taste salty and a bit vinegary, but not too bad. Comparing to Duff's Wings (Toronto), the sauce is not as sweet (good thing) and not as hot as the Death wings they offer (2nd hottest). Overall the flavour is all right, but prolly not to the tastes of all Aussies.

I liked them. But will wait to try DM MK II at some point in the future.

I will be using the rest of the bottle, as soon as I can get Mick to reveal the secrets to his wings, and have a few buddies over.

RS

N_FF said:
@DC damn i wish your sauce was in my "health food store" area. but alas such is living in a small rural area. though my local co-op dose cary some decent hot sauce's.

I'll tell ya, we've gotten into many stores by local people telling their retailers about us, and they in turn contact us and get it on their shelves. Give it a shot, as it's cheaper to go to the store and get it without having to pay shipping.

Philipperv said:
I'm gonna reserve judgment until I try some at the IGGfest. If I like it I'll order some online.

IGG made sure that all of us tried the ZERO and all I can say is that it wasn't a pleasant experience. I was already hurting from the punishment of trying sauces from the mildest and then progressively hotter without food. I have a sensitive digestive system and I was in real pain.

I insisted that I try ZERO with some kind of food but that didn't help at all. I was like a tidal wave of pain engulfing my face and then head. Not fun.

DEFCON Creator said:
I'll tell ya, we've gotten into many stores by local people telling their retailers about us, and they in turn contact us and get it on their shelves. Give it a shot, as it's cheaper to go to the store and get it without having to pay shipping.

lol no shit and you get to try it immediately after.

N_FF said:
please god no i dont think anyone wants to see that.

Anyone? Really? No-one wants to see that? Ok, just thought I'd make sure.

Last chance on the banana hammock....

Going once....

Twice.....

No one huh? Ok then... Gone

Yep I am trying to make it readily available here! That way when I need some it's right there. Plus who wouldn't love to be able to go to the local bar and eat Defcon wings!!!

no kidding! thats a realy good idea. get the bar to carry the sauces and then you can just go there for wings instead of having to cook them yourself!

Back