• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

No big deal Sick. Virtually everyone knows the DM MKII is only an additive, as MANY people will attest to that add small amounts to BBQ sauce, as it emulsifies quite nicely due to the thickness. Others will add small amounts to chili or stew. I get many emails from people telling me how they use it, and it's blazingly clear they understand the product was made for our Deathmatches, where heat is more important than flavor.

If someone wants to say our entire line of products suck because they ate the one product we have never entered into competition for 'taste' (we have entered it in a few contests just for the heat), so be it. Kind of like driving a Yugo, and saying all cars suck.

DEFCON Creator said:
No big deal Sick. Virtually everyone knows the DM MKII is only an additive, as MANY people will attest to that add small amounts to BBQ sauce, as it emulsifies quite nicely due to the thickness. Others will add small amounts to chili or stew. I get many emails from people telling me how they use it, and it's blazingly clear they understand the product was made for our Deathmatches, where heat is more important than flavor.

If someone wants to say our entire line of products suck because they ate the one product we have never entered into competition for 'taste' (we have entered it in a few contests just for the heat), so be it. Kind of like driving a Yugo, and saying all cars suck.

I didn't mean anything bad by what i said before, and i wasnt calling anybody or their opinions anything. It's just my way of saying "to each his own". Like my pop used to say to me......"the more you try to please everybody, somebody's not going to like it. So don't go killing yourself for one person's opinion." But, i also think if someone doesn't like your actual wing sauces, then i do believe they're crazy. And that IS my opinion.

As I was there when Nova tasted it, and watched his reaction I didnt brave it. And the smell was pungent.
After your explanation of what it was (comp extract sauce) I am now still keen to get some wing sauce of yours to taste.
IMO alot of bad rep here, I think because we Aussies have not had enough exposure to ALL of your lines.;)
I will ignore everyone till I taste them all.:) and look forward to it !
CM

chilliman said:
As I was there when Nova tasted it, and watched his reaction I didnt brave it. And the smell was pungent.
After your explanation of what it was (comp extract sauce) I am now still keen to get some wing sauce of yours to taste.
IMO alot of bad rep here, I think because we Aussies have not had enough exposure to ALL of your lines.;)
I will ignore everyone till I taste them all.:) and look forward to it !
CM

His Defcon 1 is the best wing sauce I've ever had....ever.

imaguitargod said:
His Defcon 1 is the best wing sauce I've ever had....ever.

Absolutely. Use it on wings, breasts ( chicken - settle down ladies ), steak, chops, and in stir fries and currys. Beautiful flavour and a good dose of heat. Comes off as suicide to the regular eater. For me, enough heat to put a smile on my face, and depending on what I am making, I like to ramp it up with DM MKII, Vicious Viper, or Z Nothing Beyond... Base flavour still carries, but I get a nice sweat on...

Damn it Iggy. Now I'm HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes "negative" reviews aren't all that negative. Whether a yea or nay, people are talking about it. And I don't know why but whenever I hear someone saying they didn't care for something, I immediately want to try it. This whole topic title alludes to the fact that some people don't like the product which is why I finally had to track some down. So maybe Nova's doing you a favor- cause now I'm thinkin' about gettin' some MK.

Where do you get the Zero?

boutros said:
Sometimes "negative" reviews aren't all that negative. Whether a yea or nay, people are talking about it. And I don't know why but whenever I hear someone saying they didn't care for something, I immediately want to try it. This whole topic title alludes to the fact that some people don't like the product which is why I finally had to track some down. So maybe Nova's doing you a favor- cause now I'm thinkin' about gettin' some MK.

Where do you get the Zero?

You've got a good point, I'm just not used to negative publicity being used to promote our stuff, lol. The ZERO should be available some time in August or September. We're going to forego the collector bottle this year I think, due to the economic condition being s bad and people not having a lot of extra $ to toss around. I'll keep everyone updated as the release date gets closer.

Hey IGGY, i one i tried was the Deathmatch MK 11. 500,000 sch, didn't seem that hot.

Edit: Just read the other posts and realise that you guys knew which one i tried.

I can't comment on any of Defcons other sauces because i haven't tried them, so will have to wait till do.

I have tried and eaten alot of all of Defcons stuff.
the wing sauced that re 1 2 and 3 are all very good if you like franks but find it too salty and full on vinagar as Defcons sauce is in this type but is very smooth and creamy.

the mk2 is really hot and is good for adding to bbq sauce ect

the zero is insane

just buy some and try it

I still waan try the DM-MKII sometime, but Creator's site wont take my non-CC paypal.
Plus, i'm kinda used to nagas now, so 500K isn't all that to me. ;)

I made pulled chicken loose-meat sammies yesterday mixing Hunts honey bbq sauce w/ Nova's Naga Puree, some molasses, and roasted/mashed onions and garlic. Cooked down the already cooked chix in da sauce til it cried for mercy.

Served on toast, was a blast. ;-D

And Nova thought I'd use taht to make a sauce with....teehee....well, kinda did. :twisted:

DEFCON Creator said:
We take e-checks through Paypal if that's what you mean.

I've tried John, the PP screen always asks for a CC or has an error...perhaps because I don't keep a balance in PP.

I just tried the PP checkout now, and it came up with "Sorry — your last action could not be completed" when it hit the PP screen.

I have scripting and referrals enabled for both domains, so IDK.

Quad, you can't use e-check if it's not linked to a bank account. If it is, you can.

It is, to my checking account.

I've used it on ebay for yrs, and pay webhost/registrar with it by e-chk every month fro yrs now too.

Back