• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

: wonders up to nova's house :

OH! Defcon flavored bars!

: starts licking bars :

: licks bars clean :

Goes into Nova's house looking for more :

The AUSSIE pallet and the Yankee pallet are VERY DEFFERENT !
I can vouch to this, as I have lived with one for 6 years now.

Yankee`s put sugar in meatballs, bolognese for example...Yankee coke & pepsi is sweeter, ahhhh too much sugar in everything. & there sauces are "HEAVY" and sometimes very complex.

But Nova you are use to Aussie sauces, which are NOTHING like American sauces. We use fruit as alot of basis. Which is "lighter and have more simple flavours" IMO

"Simple thing ammuse simple minds" :lol:

Ian

LOL, and if we: can grow food, make beer, be with our wife... we only leave home:
a. to go fishing & hunting to get something to eat,
b. a BBQ at a mates place to eat, drink with someone else other than the wife. And sleep happens in the back of the truck, home early to reproduce... :lol:

chilliman said:
LOL, and if we: can grow food, make beer, be with our wife... we only leave home to go fishing & hunting to get something to eat, or a BBQ at a mates place to eat, drink with someone else other than the wife and sleep happens in the back of the truck, home early to reproduce... :lol:

If it wasn't for the heat, I'd move to Australia in a second. BUT I'm too F'n fat for it to be that hot.

Blister said:
If it wasn't for the heat, I'd move to Australia in a second. BUT I'm too F'n fat for it to be that hot.
The south is mad cold!

Melbourne is cold, wet, miserable. It dose not get cold enough anywhere in australia to snow except in ski fields up in mountians...

SE - Australia ! Because SW Aussie is still flaming hot !

Never had any of Defcons products so I have no opinion on them, but I must say that it's pretty stupid of a vendor not to carry them because they don't fit his personal taste.

A sale is a sale is a sale...

Woohoo i have stirred the pot again! @ easy e about the complexity of a sauce it doesnt really matter imo. If something tastes odd to me ill say so! I know a guy that actually heaves at the smell of these sauces and they are the only known way of repelling the chilli monster!

thehotpepper.com said:
The south is mad cold!

chilliman said:
Melbourne is cold, wet, miserable. It dose not get cold enough anywhere in australia to snow except in ski fields up in mountians...

SE - Australia ! Because SW Aussie is still flaming hot !

It's not that bad here, it's extremely rare to get a subzero(celcius) night temp and the summer days can be just as hot as most other cities. We had 48 degrees here a couple of times last summer. And as for wet, I don't think we had any rain for over 2 months last summer, not a single drop.

...I only say that because I lived in Gippsland for awhile as a kid.. SALE..and that was cold wet and miserable... but you right still get scorching summers.

Ian

thehotpepper.com said:
The south is mad cold!

I thought Florida was WAY too hot and we were there in early April. I'm more used to weather like this

Earlier that morning....

DSCN3293.jpg

Later that day

snow-005.jpg

My vehicle and driveway were cleared in the morning, but a snow storm moved in and we got that throughout a day and night. My dog loves the cold just as much as I do. He really had to dig to check his pee-mail that day :).

The ski hill I go to gets 41' on average. You have to have some pretty big ski's or a board if you want to go out of bounds. It is pretty nice in that you can hit all the jumps and go fearless because if you crash, you really aren't going to hurt yourself. The downside is that we also have a pretty short pepper growing season.

Back