• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Defcon haters? WTF?

Omri said:
Tabasco is not the best sauce. it's not even a sauce... it's flavored vinegar. and no, Tabasco isn't the hottest as well. the Habanero one tingles.

I totally agree. Tabasco in a word ... GENERIC!

Blister said:
I thought Florida was WAY too hot and we were there in early April. I'm more used to weather like this

Earlier that morning....

DSCN3293.jpg

Later that day

snow-005.jpg

My vehicle and driveway were cleared in the morning, but a snow storm moved in and we got that throughout a day and night. My dog loves the cold just as much as I do. He really had to dig to check his pee-mail that day :).
YAAAHHH!! What is all that white stuff!! INVASION!!
Dave, Phoenix, AZ. 114 today, too. After yesterday. And close to it tomorrow.
I don't wanna be cold, but I can't work the car radio buttons with the oven mitts on...

Alright ok calm down people not much to reaqd here caRRRRRRY on.

Alright i have a confession to make. A buddy of mine came around and tried the Def 1, 2 and the MKII.
The first words out of his mouth after Def 2 were "MMMMMMMM Yummy", i was like wtf you aint normal man here try the Def 1, again same reaction so we move on to the MKII and well i suppose you aint supposed to eat it alone but he didn't like that one.

He gave the 1 and 2 five out of ten but i think he was lying because he seemed to like them more than that.

I swore at him in American and told him to leave :P

Why do so many Ozzies use forum avatars that are pictures of themselves shirtless?

I know people in Australia wear shirts. I've seen it.

smariotti said:
Why do so many Ozzies use forum avatars that are pictures of themselves shirtless?

Because we have sexy bodies :lol:

:rolleyes:

That too but seeing as though i have the sexiest nipples i don't need to look at anyone elses! Well apart from moyboys, his nipples are pretty sexy too. :P

smariotti said:

I'm guessing it's for the same reason I have Mr Bean with the tongue - it will annoy someone eventually:lol:

Now I'll try to find female aussies who want to join...

#1 and #2 are hands down the best wing sauces I've EVER had. I'll never make wings again without them. I usually mix a bottle of #2 with a bottle of #1 and then add a little butter.

That reminds me...
Is it just me or do these sauces get much hotter after being warmed up?

firehead said:
#1 and #2 are hands down the best wing sauces I've EVER had. I'll never make wings again without them. I usually mix a bottle of #2 with a bottle of #1 and then add a little butter.

That reminds me...
Is it just me or do these sauces get much hotter after being warmed up?

im guessing its heat + heat = HEAT!!! lol

but i havent tried defcon sauces yet... i plan to some other time when i get some free cash... so many sauces so little shelf space.

firehead;230529Is it just me or do these sauces get much hotter after being warmed up?[/QUOTE said:
It's one of those quirks of nature. Yes, they do get hotter. It does depend how long you heat them up and at what heat level. The longer and hotter you heat them, the more liquid will evaporate, thus concentrating the remaining sauce.

N_FF said:
just dont boil them, apparently they get salty right DC?

Yeah, a little. There is VERY little salt in them to begin with (hence the reason we're in so many natural/health stores), but boiling them does bring out a bit of saltiness. Once again, it's just due to boiling off the liquids and concentrating the solids.

I tell people to just heat them up a little in a sauce pan. Most people, when they fry up the wings, won't even heat the sauce, but just pour a little into a mixing bowl, add the hot wings, and flip 'em around. The heat from the wings brings the sauce up to temp.

I like to cook the wings with the hot sauce already on them. Obviously that means I'm cooking them in the oven and not deep frying them. Seems like it helps get rid of the vinegar taste that's in most of the hot sauces. Making it hotter is just an added bonus.

smariotti said:

Given the heat that's in Australia, I'd probably just be walking around in a skimpy banana hammock that barely covers the boys each and every day. Not much for tan lines either.

Maybe I should snap a pic and post that as my avatar :think:

Blister said:
Given the heat that's in Australia, I'd probably just be walking around in a skimpy banana hammock that barely covers the boys each and every day. Not much for tan lines either.

Maybe I should snap a pic and post that as my avatar :think:

please god no i dont think anyone wants to see that.

@DC damn i wish your sauce was in my "health food store" area. but alas such is living in a small rural area. though my local co-op dose cary some decent hot sauce's. eh ill get around to geting some of your stuff when i get some disposible income.

Back