• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Deployment Pics

Couple of pics for now.....

Ran into some familiar faces from Ft. Polk while I was over on KAF:

....and I shaved off my 'stache! First time in 11 years! I think I look odd.

You wouldn't just so happen to know a dude named Prince would ya? Long shot I know. If you do I want you to load vs breakfast up with some super hot sauce. 

Tinben said:
You wouldn't just so happen to know a dude named Prince would ya? Long shot I know. If you do I want you to load vs breakfast up with some super hot sauce. 

Doesn't sound familiar....but I do run into a lot of people here. Where does he work?

Piles and piles of decayed Soviet weapons. What a shame.

Most of them are Cold War-era AK-47's and vintage Mosin Nagants. But there are several 50's era heavy machine guns and bazookas. If this stuff wasn't all rusted up, it ought to be in a museum.

I have some good news.......some bad news......some GOOD news.......and a few pictures!

The good news is that my care package arrived a few days ago!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

The BAD news is that THIS is how it arrived:

The GOOD news is that after a few four letter words and a little investigating.....that only ONE of the bottles was actually broken and the rest of them arrived safe and sound!!! :pray:

Along with some amazing sauces, I discovered THIS:

Oh my LORD that's FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nobody could figure out why this is so humorous.....even after I told them the story. I guess you just had to be there!

.....and at the risk of being turned over to the MP's....there's this one:

I'm going to try and sneak them into the rifle range.....but I can't promise anything!! I almost love them too much to destroy!

Okay......here's the whole lineup!!

Everyone was thrilled with ALL of the bottles....but THIS one was opened immediately......

.....everyone wanted a crack at the Fluffy Bunny!! LOLOL!!!....and after a trip around the room, it was half empty!

I wish I had taken more pics....but I want you all to know just how much this meant to everyone. THANK YOU HSL and THANK YOU Scott and Lori.....and anyone else that tossed in on this sweet taste of home!! It put a smile on 14 dusty dudes stuck in a really shitty place!!

:D  YAY!!!! :woohoo:  I'm so glad you got a kick out of the potato salad. 

Even though I posted this to Paul already, I have to tell everyone the Potato salad story.

First thing that came up when we decided to do this for Paul was the Spud Salad. 

I HAD to find some!  but there wasn't any to be found where I live in Eastern WA.  This was at the end of June.  Evan and I were planning on going to Western WA over July 4th for a family reunion, so I had my mom check out stores in her area, and I made some calls, and I found it at the Dollar Store where she lives.  She picked it up the day before the reunion out at the ocean...Success!  That was some well-traveled potato salad before it even went into the package. 

Also, notice all the stamps on the package?  On the day the package went out, power was out all day.  The post office was open, and even though we don't have a computer in our little PO, the post mistress couldn't print out the shipping label, so she just used stamps.  Holy Smokes that a lot of stamps!   :lol:     
RM, from what I hear, the Pure Evil games have already begun!  :lol:

Paul, which bottle broke?

And for everyone's viewing entertainment, the thread that started it all...

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
The potato salad had us all rolling It was all I could do to stay hushed about it.
:rofl:
I KNOW!  I was biting my tongue not to spill the beans....or spuds....  :lol:

salsalady said:

Paul, which bottle broke?

I honestly couldn't say. It was in splinters and quite honestly............covered with mold. I guess the trip out here was a bad one! Can you tell by looking at the pictures which one is missing?

I'll come up with something good to do with those cans!!!

I don't remember what all I put in.  From the picture, I can see all the bottles from the other people (CinChili, Flaming Joes, Wicked Cactus, Zane & Zack's, and Crazy Good) so it was one of mine, probably a Ghost Fire judging by the color.  Oh well!  I'm just glad the rest of them made it.  

Glad you are safe, glad only one bottle got broken, and SOOO glad you got canned potato salad.  I am happy that I was part of the original story there. :lol:  I am loving the pics.  Keep 'em coming.

Pauly has some good ideas on how to properly dispatch that canned stuff.  :lol:  Can't wait to see it!  Get it  CAN't wait????:lol:

and a little birdy told me another can of sumpin sumpin special is on da way. ;)  

Back