• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Deployment Pics

Proud Marine Dad said:
Take that M4 up a couple of states to Parris Island, SC and my son will instruct you on how to shoot. ;)
Godspeed on your deployment sailor. Stay safe!

I shoot Expert.....but I'd love some tips from a Marine!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers!! On my way over in a couple days. I'll holler when I hit the ground!

Good morning,
   Paul should be on his way soon. Just as with MGOLD86 we have a rotation set up to support him, "Operation Provide Heat 2"
Navy1_zpse35ee83c.gif

If you would like to send something to Paul, please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the next person in the rotation to send to him and y'all can coordinate it. Please keep Paul and all or our deployed service member in your prayer and thoughts.

RM

On my way!!!! Travel so far has been rough. But with any luck, I'll be there in 48-72 hours.

With all the money the military wastes, they could have flown each of us in private planes...;)

paulky_2000 said:
On my way!!!! Travel so far has been rough. But with any luck, I'll be there in 48-72 hours.

With all the money the military wastes, they could have sailed each of us on a luxury yachts... ;)

FIFY, your Navy dude not Air Force  :rofl:

Too funny!!!

.....AND I spoke too soon.

Severe weather in Texas yesterday delayed my flights to the point where I missed the transport to Manas.

I'll be in the states for another week.

....like that's a BAD thing!!! :rofl:

:party:  in TX! 

:rofl:

Either way, the Yuengling is tasty and I'm enjoying being back al Little Creek! (even if it's just for a few days)

Are you selres fts or regnav? I like the little creek base I lived in OV for quote awhile haha.

MangroveMike said:
Are you selres fts or regnav? I like the little creek base I lived in OV for quote awhile haha.
I'm a mobilized reservist....but I spent 3 years with BMU2 here in Little Creek.

I love this area!

I'm a mobilized reservist....but I spent 3 years with BMU2 here in Little Creek.

I love this area!

I'm trying to get a selres quota I'm active AM right now in PTS, but can't stay AM in the reserves. I'm in jax now but much prefer va as far as the navy goes. I was with HM-15 for 4 years. I put in to convert to GM today. Well see ill just keep playing the PTS game. Did you volunteer for your MOB orders to afghan or did they select you?

Welcome from Afghanistan!!!

The Wi-Fi here makes like AOL in 1994....but at least I have SOMETHING!! It's hot as balls over here.......and DRY!! I start my new job today and (after the past 3 months of chaos) I'm really looking forward to getting into a routine. Everyone here is super nice. I think it's going to be good times!

On with some piccys!!

The plane I took from Baltimore to Manas:

Manas. Wecome to Hotel California!:

I'll post more as soon as the THP nanny-bot allows me!

Stand by......

More pics from Manas:

100% Pure Cok Juice......kinda tastes like orange:

Russian beer. They allowed us 2 per day. But they're big and about 8% alcohol. I staggered back to my tent a couple of times!:

Russian toilet paper. It works about as well as you'd expect:

more to come!!

I believe it says: SALT

My new home for the next 9 months. It's a hell of a lot more than I expected. There's even a fridge and microwave!

FIRST sunset from Afghanistan!:

Just a few more....stand by....

bump?

Back