• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Devastation, brought to you by Ma Nature

Thunderstorms moved through tonight, fast. Hail and high winds. Tore the shit out of my plants. Looks like someone dropped a couple of grenades close.

These are closest to my front porch.

IMG_4763re-1.jpg

These are on the other side of the drive way.

IMG_4767re.jpg

I am totally bummed.

Major Bummer, Dude!

I'm glad I took the time to cover my trays outside and move the rest in the garage. We have thunderstorms predicted for tonight and all day tomorrow.

Dang Patrick, so sorry for you. Hope you"ll be able to recover those lil guys and get them back on their growth. Good thing is that plants are pretty resilient. Wishing you the best of luck in your recovery efforts with the plants.

Oh crap!

As others have said - they will come back with a vengence, but still you probably lost a couple of weeks at least. Bummer.

Now those plants are gonna be pissed, and make really hot stuff..............:hell:

Sorry about the setback Patrick...........:tear:

Damn Patrick !! I'm so sorry to see that. That's one of my greatest fears ...... happened last year. Most of my plants came back but it still sucked !! And yes Ma Nature can be a mean thing at times.

Peace, best wishes , and good luck
P. Dreadie

They were super healthy to begin with it appears, so as long as the main stem is intact, they should just get pissed off and start flinging new growth out in every direction! Good luck broseph! Keep high hopes, betcha you'll be surprised!

That sucks Patrick. I'm sure they will all shake out for ya anyway. I know it is still a bummer seeing your plants jacked around though.

Sorry about your plants Patrick.
I saw the pictures and its heartbreaking. We spend so much time growing them and keepting them happy and safe and then chance happens and blows it all away.
Hope they recover soon.

Awww, man! that does suck. Hopefully the adversity makes them stronger. Works for a lot of us. Saw this morning that you had sixty mile an hour winds and a lot of hail. Somebody in Nebraska lost their roof.

Did you have some in the garage yet?

Well P, I can't really say anything more than has been said, except maybe :censored:!!!!!. Just know that we all hope your plants spring back and produce bucket loads for 'ya.:pray:

Man that's crappy! That's a setback for sure, but these are pretty resilient plants. We've been having high winds and rain lately too. Supposed to be like this for the next few days. My only saving grace is that I was able to move them into a greenhouse.

Patrick ..... maybe this will make you feel a wee better. Here's two of my Bonnets that got jacked last monday. They got topped and most the leaves got broke off too. I see new growth coming on . Would have been much better if things didn't happen to them ..... but they do want to come back and grow.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

DamagedBonnetb.jpg
[/IMG]

DamagedBonneta.jpg

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

I was afraid to go out this morning but knew I had to. I'm happy to say things do look better in the morning. The sun is in and out and they're starting to stand tall again. Me and the razor blade did a lot of amputating of limbs so they don't look so bullet ridden anymore. Lost a few small branches and had one pretty much cut in half. I have confidence that they will all be back.

I need to develop an emergency plan of action so I don't have to go through this again.

Glad to hear yours are recovering P. Dreadie. Keep the positive thoughts.

Back