• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv-2018-Loving life in the dirt

Here we go again! ;)

This year will be a mix of in the dirt and container growing. Mostly in the dirt. I have some OW's going, 5 are cut back, 6 are pubes that still spend time outdoors as the weather allows. I have pH issues in the dirt, working on that, and hoping for some better results this season. One thing the wife and I decided is to NOT grow into the fall again. I was pulling plants the same weekend I started my seeds. I'm using 4 2 bulb T8's with 6,500K bulbs, and 1 4 bulb T5 with I believe 6,500K bulbs.

So here's the list:

Planted 12-3-17

~Aji Amarillo
~Aji Dulce
~Scotchbrain
~Scotchbrain-Morugawelder
~P. Dreadie's-Windchicken
~BOC-Windchicken
 JA Habs
~Aji Oro
~pdn-bonda w PaulG
~pdn-bonda p PaulG
~pumpkin bb6-Morugawelder
~pumpkin bubblegum Bhuter
~orangegum tigermamp Bhuter
~7-pot cinder Bhuter
~pimente-neyde Bhuter
~Big Black mama-OCD Chilihead
~Brainstrain-Reaper OCD Chilihead

Planted 12-30-2017

~Jalapeno-Zapotec, Orange, Farmers.
~Poblano
~Bell-Yellow, Red.
~padrons
Hot Hatch
~Ancho
~Antep Aci Dolma
~Big Jim
~Anaheim
~Large Orange Thai
~Gochu-Stickman
~Aji Limo Rojo
Jimmy Nardello

Planted 1-1-2018

~Yellow Brainstrain- Pepperguru

The ~ indicates we have lift off.

I planted extra early to beat the heat, hoping for pods before the temps go crazy. I may have to buy more lights...LOL

Pics sometime tomorrow ;)

PtMD989 said:
Hey Devv, does using the lower ph rain water help to permanently lower the soils ph in the long run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've read the higher PH water from the well can add to the problem, so using the rain water is a positive thing to do in that regard. I don't think it can reverse things over the short time though. I'm just trying to do the best I can with what I have to work with ;)

Got 6 more yards of mulch today. It was steaming when the loaded it on to the trailer ;)

I'll regrind everything before it goes in the final compost pile to break down some more.

Devv said:

Can't beat that! We've been picking a few here and there, and losing quite a bit of the first ones to the bugs. We're 100% organic, so we have to share some :shh:

yea im having some bug damage as well.  spraying neem oil to try and keep it under control.

Looking fantastic Scott!! Great to finally catch up on your grow! Speaking of catching up its been a couple weeks since your last picture barrage I'm guessing things are even crazier now! You have yourself one helluva jungle going on there  :shocked: hows the temperature in your neck of the woods these days? Fry an egg on the hood of your car kinda toasty I'm sure. Loving all the pod shots and man beeeaautiful corn shot  :drooling:  had me drooling over here! Sorry to hear about the hornworms, thankfully I don't have to deal with those.. I can definitely see that those damn things are no freaking joke. I'd imagine your harvesting daily at this point eh? Well man I hope all is well with you, looking forward to the next update!!
',

BigCedar said:
Looking fantastic Scott!! Great to finally catch up on your grow! Speaking of catching up its been a couple weeks since your last picture barrage I'm guessing things are even crazier now! You have yourself one helluva jungle going on there  :shocked: hows the temperature in your neck of the woods these days? Fry an egg on the hood of your car kinda toasty I'm sure. Loving all the pod shots and man beeeaautiful corn shot  :drooling:  had me drooling over here! Sorry to hear about the hornworms, thankfully I don't have to deal with those.. I can definitely see that those damn things are no freaking joke. I'd imagine your harvesting daily at this point eh? Well man I hope all is well with you, looking forward to the next update!!
',

Thanks!

Things have been crazy around here. I'm steady busy with working on the house and doing the garden, and the dang maters needing canning every few days. And that other issue, going to work every day. Dang how that cuts into how we want to live :shh:

I know I've been slacking, bhut there are only so many hours in a day. 4AM starts of the day are taking its toll..lol

Tomorrow we have all the kids and grand kids coming over for a sleep over, no rest for the old folks :shh: It should be fun we have 500 water balloons to keep them busy ;) 

Been crazy here, here are a few pics..

318.jpg

319.jpg

322.jpg

A P. Dreadie cross which is a really nice pepper!

323.jpg

324.jpg

I've been such a slacker...

Trident chilli said:
Scott really great show of plants. The pod shape Dreadie/goat is perfect. Dont be down beat with the red P. Dreadie I have a plant from Justin and Sandra Tipton at F1

Good to see you John and thanks! How's that retirement? Staying busy?

I have 3 or 4 P. Dreadies, just one that went red. I'm impressed with the pepper and will be saving the seeds. I saw one on the plant that's huge today, and I need to get out and capture a pic. This particular plant looks like a baccatum cross if I just look at the leaves. Whatever it is, it's a keeper in my book.

Yesterdays pull, and there are so many pods out there it's insane. These all went in to the dehydrator.

332.jpg

Thanks all,

It's been crazy busy here and things are going to slow down after Friday, which is pick and freeze day before the road trip. New shoes for the Charger in the morning, oil has been changed and we're ready to roll. Got the daughter and her husband staying here to make sure our 3 dogs are fed and watered. I'm going to put the garden on auto pilot, 2 years ago I put a rainbird system in that works every time I need it. I tried those small hose units and they hate our hard water and never work come year 2.

Keep it green all!

Back