• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

maximumcapsicum said:
Another round of gold. This was a good night to check in on THP!
Thanks Adam!

stickman said:
I'm lovin' the view Scott, I really am... if you do as well with your second round (of Annuums) you're gonna be swimming in pods most rikki tik! Continued success brother!
Thanks Rick!

The Annuum's are kicking!  All of a sudden hooks, pops, everywhere! AND Pubes too!

You know what they say, waiting for water to boil....I looked at that one Manzano every few hours today..and bam it stood up, no helmet....Yaahoo!  If you noticed, in my profile I had one request for seed wanted, the Manzano..thanks again for sending me the seeds....uh oh eyes burning, I really washed my hands good after rolling the seeds from the placenta...LOL

PaulG said:
Say, Scott, your plants are terrific, brother!

You will hit the ground running when Spring plant out rolls around!
Thanks Paul!

The non-babies are out getting their exercise in the sun and wind today 55° out. Dang a couple are flowering, guess they get pinched. I'm hoping for a loaded up spring, AND hoping the soil does well and I can cut back on the watering this season. I refuse to do the everyday watering like last year until late September :liar:

Jeff H said:
Scott, the plants all look great. Keep up the good work.
Thanks Jeff!

Only killed a few so far...LOL

koskorgul said:
Looking good Scott. I will be potting up some hooks this weekend. Will take some pics and post in my glog, I hope LOL
Thanks Rob!

Good luck this season!

HabaneroHead said:
Good work, beautiful plants! :P
Thanks Balázs!

Looking forward to seeing your season get cranked up, my dirt day is around 8 weeks out.

Adam,

Actually, I've never been here before...BUT pinching flowers and topping the tall plants encourages bushier plants. Removing the flowers is supposed to save the energy and put it towards more plant growth.

Devv said:
Adam,

Actually, I've never been here before...BUT pinching flowers and topping the tall plants encourages bushier plants. Removing the flowers is supposed to save the energy and put it towards more plant growth.

It's logical. I pinched a bunch last year, but couldn't really tell if I got more foliage as a result. The plant certainly did not give up making buds, just had to stay vigilant.

The hairy plants are looking great. Can't wait until the next update!

Vegas_Chili said:
Scott congrats on the pube without the helmet!! :party: .

Believe me you're gona love the hairs, I'm certainly enjoying my hairy ladies (no pun, lol).

I can't wait to see them grow, you grow some beautiful plants. Looks like your 2014 season is gonna be epic :D.

-Walt
Thanks Walt!

I have my fingers crossed!

meatfreak said:
Your younglings look absolutely amazing, Scott. Really great job!
Thanks Stefan!

I may have planted a tad bit early...LOL..But nothing a little pinching won't handle.

Good luck this year!

maximumcapsicum said:

It's logical. I pinched a bunch last year, but couldn't really tell if I got more foliage as a result. The plant certainly did not give up making buds, just had to stay vigilant.

The hairy plants are looking great. Can't wait until the next update!

Well I'm going to trim a few tomorrow, remove the flowers and shorten up a few that won't fit under the lights anymore. Last year I was surprised at the way the plants branched.

We're supposed to get some really cold weather, I guess we all are, but today was mild. I put the gals outside at 9AM and they're still there, but it was windy as heck, a little damage, but if they're gonna hang here they need to get used to it.

Kurtovska Kapija

164.jpg

BOC
165.jpg

Jay's Peach Ghost Scorp
166.jpg

Camari Du Para
168.jpg

Yellow Cardi
169.jpg

White Hab, splitting and budding
170.jpg

171.jpg

One of Spicegeist's crosses Bhut Y7 Douglah.
173.jpg

174.jpg

More after a bump please..

Very cool Scott... Glad the Kurtovska Kapija is growing well for you. It'll probably be the longest-ripening sweet you've ever grown, but I'm betting you'll think it's worth it when you taste one. The others are all looking stellar too... keep doing whatever you're doing!

HabaneroHead said:
Hi Scott,

Beautiful plants!
I absolutely love the '??? Who Am I' plant :rofl:

Balázs
Hi Balázs,
Thanks!
LB wrote that tag..LOL

stickman said:
Very cool Scott... Glad the Kurtovska Kapija is growing well for you. It'll probably be the longest-ripening sweet you've ever grown, but I'm betting you'll think it's worth it when you taste one. The others are all looking stellar too... keep doing whatever you're doing!
Thanks Rick!

Had great germ rates with the Kurtovska Kapija, one thing we have here is a long season. I'm looking forward to trying them!

MeatHead1313 said:
Plants are looking great Devv! You looking forward to the cold weather the next few days?
Thanks!

Noooooo! Not looking forward at all. The wind here will be blowing everything everywhere. I think it's been 25 years since we had this much cold down here...

GA Growhead said:
Flowers already! :dance:
Yeah baby! Woot! :party:

Here's a few of the new family members..

sweet hungarian paprika
179.JPG

Kurtovska Kapija
180.JPG

Bahamian Got Pepper
181.JPG

Tobago Treasure
182.JPG

Billy Biker
183.JPG

Brown Egg
184.JPG

I've never grown Oregano from seed, tiny, tiny seeds and plants!
185.JPG

Serrano
186.JPG

Manzano, come on baby grow!
187.JPG

Back