• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

Scotty - you have a boatload of good going on there!
Simply awesome looking shrubiness!

Hey, brother, guess what showed up today?   :woohoo:
_DSC1094a_zps87a684e2.jpg

Thanks you, my friend!  Those Jamaican Habaneros are going into soak right now!
Very generous seed packets, buddy - I owe ya!

MeatHead1313 said:
Plants are looking really happy Devv! Your description of Texas weather pretty much nails it for here too. Crazy lately. Hope the milder weather decides to stay around. 
Thanks!

And yes a very different winter for us down south this year! I'm with ya on hoping for the warmer more normal weather.

JJJessee said:
What a beautiful family!
What a large family!

They look like pod machines!
Thanks JJJ!

Most of those a larger than when I planted last year, hoping for pod machines!

PaulG said:
Scotty - you have a boatload of good going on there!
Simply awesome looking shrubiness!

Hey, brother, guess what showed up today?   :woohoo:
_DSC1094a_zps87a684e2.jpg

Thanks you, my friend!  Those Jamaican Habaneros are going into soak right now!
Very generous seed packets, buddy - I owe ya!
Your very welcome!

I know they are in good hands.

Hope they do well for you!

maximumcapsicum said:
Family portraits...  can't let the moment slip by!

Very nice baby-jungle Scott. We're gonna be in the 60's this weekend. Looking forward to it.
Thanks Adam!

Hit 60°, plants are loving it, hoping they can hang outside until at least Saturday afternoon. Less work for me!

Spicegeist said:

Haha, the perennial pepperhead question.
I guess I'm insane, just planted a few more for the wife. AND had a request for Reaper plants today. At least those I won't have to find garden space for ;)

capsidadburn said:
I going to say that it felt good and you couldn't stop.
You know that's a good part of it, I just love growing!

GA Growhead said:
Scott, if you have to ask that... you were doing something right!
:D
I will be there in no time my friend!
Too true!

Can't wait to see yours bust out!

stickman said:
Hi Scott, just wanted to say thanks muchly for the packet of Tobago Treasure seeds you sent! They got here today in great shape.
SANY0709_zps5a2eb100.jpg

Good luck Deer hunting this weekend!
Your very welcome Rick!

I'm sure you'll do well with them!

Thanks on the hunting, I just checked, 4 weekends left including extended spike and doe. I just get to shoot does and inferiors bucks at this place, plenty of them running in groups of 20+. More than happy to get the invite! Want to make dried sausage, jerky, and smoked fresh sausage, as well as stock up on chopped meat.

Thanks for stopping by!

Devv said:

Thanks on the hunting, I just checked, 4 weekends left including extended spike and doe. I just get to shoot does and inferiors bucks at this place, plenty of them running in groups of 20+. More than happy to get the invite! Want to make dried sausage, jerky, and smoked fresh sausage, as well as stock up on chopped meat.

Thanks for stopping by!

I don't hunt, but I love to shoot. What do you take them with down in TX?  If I did hunt, I think my old worn SKS with some game kings would be a good match for those deer. For any distance, I would probably want a larger caliber upper on one of my ARs and use a scope. 

meatfreak said:
Great looking plants, Scott. You got even more on the way or not allowed to sow any more :lol:
Thanks Stefan!

OK, do the ones I planted today count? ;)

Jeff H said:

I don't hunt, but I love to shoot. What do you take them with down in TX?  If I did hunt, I think my old worn SKS with some game kings would be a good match for those deer. For any distance, I would probably want a larger caliber upper on one of my ARs and use a scope. 
My weapon of choice is the Matthews Legacy, but I no longer have a place to bow hunt. Don't have the time either :rolleyes:

Tonight I used a Remington 25.06 with some sweet hand loads, 100 grain Sierra Game Kings. I also use a .243 loaded up with the same weight bullets. Both destroy the local deer here which are smaller than what you have up north. The doe I shot tonight ran 5' and piled up, 4 more tags left :D

Vegas_Chili said:
Looking good Scott! That Tejas weather seems to be nice for the young ladies. We're having a kinda mild winter too.

If that's the case then your timing seems perfect to be able to get pods before the heat comes.

-Walt
Thanks Walt!

This winter has been rougher than normal, or I should say lately, but the ladies are staying out again tonight...which is good. No rotating on the grow bench! Yes!

maximumcapsicum said:
Hey Scott got a package from ya today! Reapers and JA Habs are soaking now... Gonna be alot of sowing tomorrow!

Thanks man! Can't wait to see hooks!
Glad it got there Adam!

Plant on! And enjoy!

Pinoy83 said:
your ladies looking sexy, soon they will be loaaaadeeeddd with babies :dance: :dance: :dance:
Thanks Jericson!

So far they seem happy! And no bugs so far, which is good! Gonna have to watch them closely after they have been outside for a few days...

Penny said:
Those plants all look amazing Devv!! Well done.
Thanks Penny!

First time using lights, both the T8 and the T5 rock, especially the T5!

Can't wait to see yours pop!

Capsicum Select said:
Ladies are lookin good  :dance:  That's good there haven't been bugs so far. Any signs of good guys around?
Thanks!

They have been inside except for a few days, the weather has been cool the year. The OW's that I have been moving in and out, mostly in:( have a few lady bugs working them, they also have had some aphid issues. Been here 25 years come March, and never saw an Aphid until late season this year...I guess they like peppers!

Back