• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

meatfreak said:
Good to see the Jal's are coming through, Scott! :D Man that Serrano plant is loaded up, are you gonna pickle some? Haven't thought about doing that last season which I regret. Looking forward to the Jimmy Nardello also, mine has just started to pod up. Thanks for the shot of the Indian Red, they look a lot like mine last season. Curious what you think of it's taste. Excellent idea on using the zucchini's on the kebab's, gonna try that also once I got some ready. They look delish.
Hi Stefan,

This season Jals I have, thanks in part to you sending me the seeds ;) One thing I wanted to do this season is grow more peppers the wife would eat. I don't think she'll ever want to get to super levels, but she's always asking for JA Habs when she cooks certain dishes. That's one heck of a start ;)

Another good use for Zukes is to cook them with garlic and some olive oil, then when they're ready sprinkle some Italian bread crumbs and some Parmesan cheese on them. Makes a great side dish.

I can definitely see the bonnet look in the red indian, and am looking forward  to giving them a taste. The BB7's are still growing. And starting to flower. For some reason the raised bed plants have been struggling with mites. But I've been treating them.

Roguejim said:

Okay.  It just seems to me that a dried and fried pepper would have an awful texture by itself, unless it was either ground up for a sauce, or rehydrated, and then ground up or blended.
I agree, and I'm hoping I'm not having a senior moment. ;)

maximumcapsicum said:
This time of year is the best... project time. Salsa looks fantastic. You use a recipe?
I posted the ingredients the other day but not the amounts.

I'll dig it up for you.

OCD Chilehead said:
. Salsa looks great. I hope to make salsa soon. I took your advice and bought some more tomatoes. There called Bradley tomato. Said they were good for canning.
Thanks Chuck,

Good deal, I hope they do well for you! I've never grown the Bradley. The Early Girls are our main staple, they do real well here.

I took your advise been applying ice all day, I lied about the walking LOL. Today was not a good one.

GA Growhead said:
A ton of gnarly looking pods Scott!
Thanks Jason,

The early start seemed to pay off, I think I have them figured out a little better than last year ;)

stc3248 said:
You're in full on beast mode down there! Fan freaking tastic brother!
Thanks Shane,

I saw that 27" Chuncho. You're gonna have to quit that!

beerbreath81 said:
Excellent pod shots and nice haul on the tomatoes, salsa looks great. :dance:
Thanks!

I haven't forgotten the pics of the grapes. My mower broke down, and the area is a bit overgrown with the rain we've been having.

jedisushi06 said:
Can't wait to make my super hot salsa this year!  Yours looks great, what's all in it?
This is a wifey grade salsa, I did convince her to throw a JA HAb in there to kick it up a bit. We like to let it sit in the fridge and marinate before canning. This gives us the chance to tweak it too.

Here's the ingredients:

Made with fresh tomatoes
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Red and Green Bells
Jalapeno's
Serrano's
Cilantro
Apple Cider Vinegar
Sugar
Salt
Black pepper.

Devv said:
This is a wifey grade salsa, I did convince her to throw a JA HAb in there to kick it up a bit. We like to let it sit in the fridge and marinate before canning. This gives us the chance to tweak it too.

Here's the ingredients:

Made with fresh tomatoes
Celery
Onions
Garlic
Red and Green Bells
Jalapeno's
Serrano's
Cilantro
Apple Cider Vinegar
Sugar
Salt
Black pepper.
A try on a bruschetta is a must!:D

stickman said:
I canned up a few jars of salsa last year, but nowhere near enough! I'm thinking the Costoluto tomatoes are gonna be big producers this year and there's gonna be many more put by this time! Would you be willing to post or pm your recipe? :pray:

Straight atcha!

Essegi said:
A try on a bruschetta is a must! :D

Now that sounds good! I've only had that in NY. I guess the wife needs to find a recipe ;)

meatfreak said:
Sounds like an good recipe, thanks for sharing Scott!

I have to give credit to Greg, he sent me the canned salsa for Christmas and the wife loved it. And asked I could ask for the recipe.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Sounds tasty.

;)

Beautiful salsa and ka-BoBs! I'm still a month out on the early ripe tomatoes and maybe peppers too. But then....

That collection of super hot photos blows my mind. Breath-taking.

I got some of Annie's BMJ seed and mine are smoother, it's still early though.

Still can't believe you're getting more rain than us. We have had back to back rains yesterday and today. Together they got the ground good and wet.

Maybe I'll catch up ;)

JJJessee said:
Beautiful salsa and ka-BoBs! I'm still a month out on the early ripe tomatoes and maybe peppers too. But then....

That collection of super hot photos blows my mind. Breath-taking.

I got some of Annie's BMJ seed and mine are smoother, it's still early though.

Still can't believe you're getting more rain than us. We have had back to back rains yesterday and today. Together they got the ground good and wet.

Maybe I'll catch up ;)
Thanks JJJ!

Everything is GREEN! Really rare for mid June I'll say. And I'm sure you'll catch up and pass me here.

The wife told me earlier that there's a chance of super cell development late this afternoon. No rain was forecast today, but I see a system on radar in Mexico coming our way.

Hopefully no bad stuff comes this way!

Essegi said:
Just find some good bread, toast it and pour some sauce above! :D

I will give it a whirl!!

stickman said:

Thanks for the pm Scott! I'll put it to good use shortly... :drooling:
Enjoy it!

Back