• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Devv's 2014- Stick a fork in me, I'm done....

Time for the 2014 start...

Many of these plants were made possible by the generous people of the THP sending me seeds and pods Thanks!

I'm looking forward to warmer weather and dirt day!

I have a bunch of seeds started, and plants at all the stages.

Here's the grow bench, a T8 x4 on top and T5 x4 on the bottom, as you can see it's loaded.

0.JPG

Top rack:
1.JPG

Bottom rack:
2.JPG

I like starting the seeds in Jiffy Pellets, as soon as they stand up I trim the mesh off and plant them 1/2" proud in a pot, or in this case a cup.

Red Rocotto the lonely Pube..
12.JPG

A few plants living under the T5, I'm super impressed with this light!

Choc Hab

4.JPG

Bhut x Y7 x Choc Bhut Douglah-Spicegeist

5.JPG

Bhut x Y7 F2-Spicegeist
6.JPG

Yellow Cardi- Jamie
7.JPG

Choc Scorp-Ramon
8.JPG

Peach Bhut- Annie
9.JPG

Going to do some tilling will post more later

Jamison said:
Holy busy!  Lots and lots of work to get to that point!  Good on you man!  There all gonna explode very, very soon and I'll be here to watch it :high:
That's the sheet that keeps one young, just keep on digging. In the words of Tom Petty: you never slow down, you never grow old.

Yeah, pods are trying! And a few are setting!

Atta boy brother Scott!!! Super stoked you and a few others I follow closely are going so big this season...I know I will get my fill of great pod shots every time I visit here! Your garden plot looks perfect! Fun to watch it evolve as you "never slow down!"

Garden looks great.  I like all the space to move around too.  Gonna need it cause your plants are gonna be exploding.  How do you water this area?

Devv said:
Thanks Jeff!

Just 100 or so more to plant...

Here's the shots that show the slope we talked about:
440.JPG

441.JPG

Love these pictures. Makes me homesick for spring.

You've been a busy bee, 70 in the ground is a good day's work not to mention everything it takes to get there.

Nice pile of mulch. Is that for the peppers this year?
That's another day's work ;)

Very organized ! The plants appear to be hardened off nicely and are ready to shoot out the new growth.

Wow, that's alot of planting, my back is hurting just thinking about it...ha
Scott you'll have some major harvests before the heat strikes. Is your Summer very dry temperature wise where you'd be able to sun dry the pods on some type of screening material ?

Have fun with the rest of the plant out...it's a very rewarding feeling to drop the shovel and look back at the day's accomplishments...

stc3248 said:
Atta boy brother Scott!!! Super stoked you and a few others I follow closely are going so big this season...I know I will get my fill of great pod shots every time I visit here! Your garden plot looks perfect! Fun to watch it evolve as you "never slow down!"
Thanks Shane!

The bulk of the work is done, 3 mores rows to fill. The next thing is to get the garden on auto pilot.

Physics202 said:
Garden looks great.  I like all the space to move around too.  Gonna need it cause your plants are gonna be exploding.  How do you water this area?
Thanks!

It's a little tighter than original plans but it's going to have to do.
I water with bubblers, they fill the ditches. I have a pic on the previous page.

JJJessee said:
Love these pictures. Makes me homesick for spring.

You've been a busy bee, 70 in the ground is a good day's work not to mention everything it takes to get there.

Nice pile of mulch. Is that for the peppers this year?
That's another day's work ;)
Thanks JJJ!

I think you're 2 weeks behind me in planting?

The mulch is to keep the weeds down and hopefully most will break down as the season runs. Behind the mulch is a nice pile of leaves, they are going to go down between the rows with wet newspaper on top, then the mulch. Hoping to keep the weeds down this year.

PIC 1 said:
Very organized ! The plants appear to be hardened off nicely and are ready to shoot out the new growth.

Wow, that's alot of planting, my back is hurting just thinking about it...ha
Scott you'll have some major harvests before the heat strikes. Is your Summer very dry temperature wise where you'd be able to sun dry the pods on some type of screening material ?

Have fun with the rest of the plant out...it's a very rewarding feeling to drop the shovel and look back at the day's accomplishments...
Thanks Greg!

Actually I'm not sore, however I was tired at the end of the day. Only going to get half a day in today, I promised LB a trip to San Antonio.

Oh, it's dry during the summer here, need to read up on sun dried peppers!

Holy smokes dev, you've been busy. I love all the photos. I just love that yard. You inspire me to buy a house with a bigger yard. My postage stamp yard seems so small. Keep up the good work and don't forget to check your birth certificate every once in a while :rofl:

Scarecrw said:
Holy smokes dev, you've been busy. I love all the photos. I just love that yard. You inspire me to buy a house with a bigger yard. My postage stamp yard seems so small. Keep up the good work and don't forget to check your birth certificate every once in a while :rofl:
Thanks Jeff!

We just love the space, and the peace and quiet. If you can find something within driving distance I say go for it!

I used to drive 45 minutes a day to work, in 94 I started working here in town, just 6 miles from the house. Can't beat a 10 minute ride to work!

I have no use for that birth certificate unless it helps me win the lottery! :dance: I'm 55 going on 28 :D  don't tell my Dad!

Got a few more planted today, and decided the solo cup gals haven't been hardened off enough to plant. They showed signs of sunburn, and I want them to get over it. Perhaps Monday.

Sunday evening is supposed to bring 26mph winds out of the NNW, I have no way to protect whats already planted, so they need to put their big girl panties on and suck it up! I'm sure they won't be near as pretty after the winds rip them up, life here in the near desert. The 10 day forecast still looks good with Monday AM being 42°, so it will most likely be 48° or higher here.

Corn and Beans are sprouting, potatoes are mostly up to the top where I can't cover them anymore....things are looking good!

TGIF!

Amazing work Scott! Can't wait till I have a space like that to work with but following your efforts scratches the itch. Excellent plan with the newspapers and mulch... Gonna but a ton of carbon back in the soils and keep down weeds at the same time. Can't wait to see the end point!

Wow Scott! I'm sitting here at work all sleepy eyed and taking in the first coffee. I'm awake now after seeing your great plants in the ground. I love the shot of the land "slope" with the lite mist fog. Takes me back to youthful age.

Have a great weekend!

Mike

MGOLD86 said:
Damn Scott, already in the ground?? The grow space looks great and I am lookin forward to seein how some of Charles' crosses do for you. I have a bunch planted.
Thanks Matt!

The average last frost is today, and the 10 day forecast looks fine except for some wind on the way this evening. Just gotta get a jump on the heat.

maximumcapsicum said:
Amazing work Scott! Can't wait till I have a space like that to work with but following your efforts scratches the itch. Excellent plan with the newspapers and mulch... Gonna but a ton of carbon back in the soils and keep down weeds at the same time. Can't wait to see the end point!
Thanks Adam!

I may just start mulching tomorrow, depends on the wind.

capsidadburn said:
Wow Scott! I'm sitting here at work all sleepy eyed and taking in the first coffee. I'm awake now after seeing your great plants in the ground. I love the shot of the land "slope" with the lite mist fog. Takes me back to youthful age.

Have a great weekend!

Mike
Thanks Mike!

When do you plant, next week!

Back atcha on having a great weekend!

This pod is on a plant marked MoA, I know I got the labeling correct. But I don't think it's a MoA.

Kinda has that old man, evil grin look...
504.JPG

Aji Cristal
505.JPG

Tam Jal
506.JPG

Sweet Hungarian Paprika
507.JPG

Kurtovska Kapija flower
508.JPG
+

Thanks for stopping by!

Scott, I have 13 plants (Datils and 7 Pot Jonah's) in the ground now.  My new raised bed (4 x 24) which  is not even complete yet!  My Monday morning is forecast at 39.  I will be covering stuff up.  Maybe moving plants closer to the house.

I've working as much as I can on the bed and planting but my son's science olympiad project is also occupying my time.  That will be over next weekend.
Scrambler;  A vehicle with launch mechanism utilizing 2 kilogram weight in a 1 meter square envelope, must travel as fast as possible toward a terminal barrier wall of unknown distance (between 8 and 12 meters) until competition time.  Must stop as close as possible to a central vertical line on the barrier wall without breaking the raw egg mounted on the front of the vehicle.

He is still finishing the new vehicle.  He is finally getting comfortable on the equipment I use and after lots of verbal pounding he is taking some notes on what he did. He did a lot of practicing with an older less precise vehicle which I think I can post a video link in my glog.

Pretty bloom on the Kurtovska!

Take it easy!

Mike

If you didn't make miss label the MOA, its daddy was a super. Cool looking pod!
Moving right along! Should beat the heat with such a good start!

capsidadburn said:
Scott, I have 13 plants (Datils and 7 Pot Jonah's) in the ground now.  My new raised bed (4 x 24) which  is not even complete yet!  My Monday morning is forecast at 39.  I will be covering stuff up.  Maybe moving plants closer to the house.

I've working as much as I can on the bed and planting but my son's science olympiad project is also occupying my time.  That will be over next weekend.
Scrambler;  A vehicle with launch mechanism utilizing 2 kilogram weight in a 1 meter square envelope, must travel as fast as possible toward a terminal barrier wall of unknown distance (between 8 and 12 meters) until competition time.  Must stop as close as possible to a central vertical line on the barrier wall without breaking the raw egg mounted on the front of the vehicle.

He is still finishing the new vehicle.  He is finally getting comfortable on the equipment I use and after lots of verbal pounding he is taking some notes on what he did. He did a lot of practicing with an older less precise vehicle which I think I can post a video link in my glog.

Pretty bloom on the Kurtovska!

Take it easy!

Mike
Glad you have some in the dirt Mike! 39°? As long as the dew point is OK no problem, I don't feel the peppers are a sissy plant!

Cool project your son is undertaking. I wish him success in his endeavors!

That flower caught my eye, the blue is amazing!

GA Growhead said:
If you didn't make miss label the MOA, its daddy was a super. Cool looking pod!
Moving right along! Should beat the heat with such a good start!
Well everything we get is mostly OP seeds, I'm thinking it's Bhut cross. That sucker was hiding really low on the plant and surprised me!

I'm really hoping I beat the heat, I think I will!

Jeff H said:
Very nice to have pods already forming and growing. That MOA looks like it will be hot. :onfire:
Thanks Jeff!

I'm sure it will be the first to ripen, looking forward to seeing what color it turns into!

HillBilly Jeff said:
Plants and pods are looking awesome!!!  Makes me hope my cristal germs, but I think the seed is too old.

Good luck!!!
Thanks Jeff!

I'm sure I have more seeds if you're interested. Those are store bought, so I'm hoping they're true!

So I don't even know if this will post. Lost access at 3 something. They keep turning my Internet off for non payment, And I'm paid until May. Really frustrating, never been here before...

Back