• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

DF 2018 Veg Grow log

Thai Basil seeds coming up, taken from last years plants in the garden.

F0Ox2Ro.jpg

Grabbed some plants, keeping them on the porch, still goes to 0c at night at times even though we get +20's C during the day. Centres are just starting to get stuff in so selection not that large.

Sweet Pepper Big Bertha
Sweet Casady  Tomato
Roma VF Tomato
Horsradish
Oregano Italian
Grape Himrod
Grape Flame

Ivvd3fd.jpg

dragonsfire said:
Try and propagate some rosemary, used root starter so se how it goes.

Good luck!  I've never had any luck propogating rosemary, or wintering it over, for that matter.

rosemary is a desert plant, likes dry sandy soil and very low water. if you over water the plant will start to die and you may experience a powdery mildew on the leaves.

you can also propogate rosemary in just a glass of water, then you can watch the roots sprout and transplant when you are satisfied with root development.

Thanks, saw they used a glass of water for the root system, see what happens, have lots of vermiculite so will do a loose soil. Determined to get them growing more then a year :)

Planted My Horseradish this morning, read it was ok in the cold, seedlings doing ok.
Melissa plant survived the winter.
More weeding this morning, back not happy.

iYrnThf.jpg

YEjhEUH.jpg

9FooZMO.jpg

Morning Sun on my Porch garden, Grapes doing real well and growing.
Picked up some herbs this morning. Hops survived the winter im happy to see, forgot I planted them lol Planted a dozen CR pepper seeds that came up, late seed sewing.

EHZV0M5.jpg

xtEpYF7.jpg

UvgmiTu.jpg

Planted my onions and potato's ,5x  Thyme in the front, noticed some oregano shoots from last years planting in front, should have a nice Theme bush that survives the winters, so no shortage of Thyme :)
Bought Organic Red Onions and cut the roots out and planted them, cheaper then getting seed ones, Separated a Myan white Onion and planted him.
Need to mow the lawn tomorrow.

UYlAfAl.jpg

IM6wS2Z.jpg

m5vmm8V.jpg

kQaoG0p.jpg

Burning Colon said:
rosemary is a desert plant, likes dry sandy soil and very low water. if you over water the plant will start to die and you may experience a powdery mildew on the leaves.

you can also propogate rosemary in just a glass of water, then you can watch the roots sprout and transplant when you are satisfied with root development.
Cup of water? Okay I gotta try this!

dragonsfire said:
Noticed some one stomped on my garden last night, no words  I can print as to how I feel about this trespasser.

xX18Wqu.jpg
Was it a two legged or four legged stomping?

Back