• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Diablo Negro??? Hottest Pepper???

this the second answer i give me :
Hi there
I was given the seeds as Diablo Negro but I dont think its the legendary Diablo Negro as it seems to be a Jalepeno type.
It is hot but nothing approaching the Naga Morich or indeed our own Dorset Naga.
Good luck

no ....he just have weird name ....the first is a bishop crown ...and the secon is a rocoto pepper .....this guy is just trying to make cash whit ordinary pepper ....

QuebecFire said:
no ....he just have weird name ....the first is a bishop crown ...and the secon is a rocoto pepper .....this guy is just trying to make cash whit ordinary pepper ....

Exactly.

If you read his descriptions, just about everything he offers he claims is rare, but you can't trust the names. He even hypes the rocoto pepper as a "ultra rare perennial".

And he uses all caps which is so...gauche.

They have a bridge in New York that you might be interested in. I know the guy ... just give me 10k for deposit and Im sure he will sell it you.

Guess the seeds did not arrive yet Alabama?
The leaves look a little like the photo for some seeds I've seen online.
How could it be shaped like a Jala but be a Bhut? :)
I hope it is tasty.

Bhut Jolokia has so many names.
And it apepars there is two with a Naga Morich coming close.
http://www.thechileman.org/results....ny&origin=Any&genus=Any&chile=1&submit=Search

I'm confused because I have these seeds and they are Naga Jolokia.
but Naga Morich is one type and Bhut Jolokia is another. Are the names mixed at http://ushotstuff.com/pages/p0013.htm
or are they all from the same hot pepper really?

Naga Jolokia is usually the "fake" naga(frutescens) but apparently not on the ushotstuff site where they group everything together which is wrong.

"Naga Jolokia Chile Pepper Seeds.Also known as: Bhut Jolokia, Borbih Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Nagahari, Nagajolokia, Naga Morich, Naga Moresh, Raja Mirchi, Tezpur "

Naga Jolokia = Big disappointment, especially when I thought I would be eating something hot and get a bell pepper tasting pepper

Anyways, it looks like 'ushotstuff' are selling one of the Chinense kinds.
It's important to mention that ALL the Chinense "Jolokias" (Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich) also have Frutescens genes.

Omri said:
It's important to mention that ALL the Chinense "Jolokias" (Bhut Jolokia, Bih Jolokia, Naga Morich) also have Frutescens genes.

I've assumed that but have they all been tested?

The reports claim it's the result of farmers growing Chinense and Frutescen peppers side by side for years.
Also an interesting quote:
2.3 Million Scoville Heat Units for Bhut Jolokia?

Let's return to the heat level issue for a moment. In his conclusion, Dr. Bosland offered an interesting thought - pure speculation, of course:

As we know, the environment can affect the heat level of a chile pepper. Under identical environmental conditions, 'Red Savina' recorded a mean heat level of 248,556 SHU, which is 232% below the highest heat level (577,000 SHU) published for this cultivar in the Guinness World Records. Now, if 'Bhut Jolokia' was grown under the very same conditions that produced the 577,000 SHU for 'Red Savina', a heat level of 2,323,025 SHU could be expected for 'Bhut Jolokia' ;-) Again, this is just a theoretical thought.

I've never seen results where all the different varieties had frutescens. This would almost prove that they are all from the same strain, which is still being debated. The Red Savina test was likely flawed since they could never duplicate the results.

Back