• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat Diablo Negro??? Hottest Pepper???

"The spiciest pepper in the world is the Diablo Negro pepper, which is native to southern Ecuador. It has been known to cause nosebleeds for those who consume it."

"Hi guys I read on here that the hottest pepper is the Diablo Negro Pepper. However when I search for this Gullible is the only site that comes up with this. The Guiness Book of World Records has he Red Habenaro, and recently the Dorset Naga is shown to be hotter than that. I was wondering if anyone could give more information on the Diablo Negro or the source for this?"

I was googlin' this morning and found the above two quotes. Anyone familiar with this pepper?

Here is the link to the google search I did.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q="diablo+negro+pepper"

CommentAuthorUdoboy CommentTimeSep 13th 2006
In 2004 a man consumed three diablo negro peppers in the worlds first and only diablo negro pepper eating contest. The lining of his esophagus and stomach were destroyed in a matter of seconds, and the chemical reaction continued throughout his body. He died in 4 minutes, 23 seconds.

This is the most recent example of human combustion.
....................................................................................................................................................??? comon boy !! LOL it can't be hotter than pure caps crystal .... LOL
it sound like a big joke

AJ I found this on the net and I am having a hard also finding info on it.

This is a quote from someone on the net CommentAuthorUdoboy CommentTimeAug 7th 2006 edited
I had not known that the Red Habanero had been surpassed.
The Red Habanero is (or was) the hottest pepper according to the Scoville Test. This test measures a substance called capsaicin, and particularly in 45g of ground up pepper.

The Diablo Negro, however, does not contain capsaicin but instead guafenesin (an alternate form of capsaicin). This means that it actually has no Scofield ranking at all. So, they had to resort back to the old "taste test" method of determining hotness, and some ranking leptologists determined that the Diablo Negro would weigh in at something like 700,000 Scofields if it had a ranking. Also, for the record, it takes ~ 2 years to generate 45g of ground Diablo Negro.

I hope that makes sense

This might be from the same sight you had gone to also http://factcheck.gullible.info/discussion/188/hottest-pepper/

Black Devil? sounds like a lame horror movie from the 70s, one with black stars only (like 'Blacula'). :
As I predicted, the next (officially) hottest pepper will be named "Rectal Burn" in some weird language. :D

As I predicted, the next (officially) hottest pepper will be named "Rectal Burn" in some weird language.

And really, who here wants "Rectal Burn" Can we have a show of hands please?:P

Diablo Negro

:hell:Hey hey all, does any one know the varieties used to develop this mean arse pepper?

Scorpion
Suffering from a major wine and naga hang over

Scorpion said:
:hell:Hey hey all, does any one know the varieties used to develop this mean arse pepper?

Scorpion
Suffering from a major wine and naga hang over
Well I know for a fact they used the 'Habanero Bull', and some 'Tasmanian Shit Devil'.
I'm just not sure if it has more 'Bull', or 'Shit' in it. ;)

Scorpion said:
I HAVE LOCATED THE DIABLO NEGRO! BUT IT HAS BEEN CROSSED WITH THE TRIN SCORPION, THIS IS SO THE SEEDS WILL GERMINATE AS THAT WAS THE MAIN PROB WITH THE DIABLO IN THE PAST. THEY ARE EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT!

GO TO:

WWW.SCORPIONDIABLOBULLSHIT.NAGADORSET.POTITRICKEDYA.COM.AU

OR ON EBAY (APPARENTLY)

Scorpion DiablobullshiTnagadorsetpot

Starting bid: 0.99

By it Now: 15.00

;)

SCORPION 'HO T IN HOT OUT'
That's too long and well thought to be funny. :|

:lol:

Back