• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dillo's Grow Log 2009

Moving from one house to another at 30° F, though 4 miles only, was a lot of stress for my plants. The neglect during all the moving and cleaning up activities added some stress too and caused some severe setback for my plants. This is how far they recovered until now.

The plants in the wintergarden:
WintergartenPlantageApril.jpg

My biggest plant so far: Aji Pineapple
AjiPineapplePlantApril01.jpg

Tepin
Tepin-1.jpg

This is today's little harvest. The peppers come in really slow. There are still a lot of green pods on the plants. I hope they will ripen before the first frost.

IMG_9178.jpg

Outer ring clockwise: Tabasco, Cayenne, Spitzpaprika, Jalapeno El Jefe, Orange Thai, Tepin. Inner line left to right: unripe 7 Pot, Lemon Drop, unspecified Hungarian variety, Orange Habanero.

And here's one blind passenger.

IMG_9172.jpg

POTAWIE said:
Nice pods. Those orange thais look far different than the ones I grow, how do they taste?

I bought the pods I took the seeds from in an Asia shop so the variety name isn't absolutely reliable. They are about as hot as my Cayenne and my Turkish pepperoni but less flavor. I won't grow them again.

patrick said:
Lots and lots of heat there 'dillo. You ever try the bhut's or 7 pots? You going to?

I didn't try them yet but I will. I won't chew on whole pods so I'll have to wait for a few slices till I process them. I'm thinking about powder and hot sauce.

Today I harvested a handful of Lemon Drop pods, some of them are a bit dry because they ripened on a dry broken off branch, and some red and orange habs.

IMG_9267.jpg

I cooked some hot sauce with them.

Today I emergency harvested before the frost this night would kill the pods.

IMG_9301.jpg

Orange habs. I have one plant indoors now under artificial light, I hope I will get some more pods.
IMG_9302.jpg

The sevens. I pruned my three plants and hope to get a quick start in the second year.
IMG_9303.jpg

Cayenne.
IMG_9306.jpg

PC-1. I don't like them too much and they aren't too prolific. Won't grow them again.

IMG_9308.jpg

Lemon Drop. A keeper. I will overwinter at least two plants.
IMG_9309.jpg

Nepali Orange.
IMG_9310.jpg

Tabasco.
IMG_9311.jpg

Back